A couple of UI feature requests

Posted on
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 am
resnick offline

A couple of UI feature requests

These may be issues with the app rather than the plugin, but I thought I'd ask:

1. In neither the desktop app nor the web UI can you see the assorted "Custom States" (e.g., humidity, outdoor temp, etc.) that you can see in the iOS app. Is there some way to get those to appear?

2. When you create an action for a thermostat, the setpoint temperature is hidden in the "Edit Action Settings..." button, and when you see the action in an action list, it simply says something like "heat setpoint". It would be nice to have the setpoint in an editable text box when creating the action, and in the action list it would be nice to see "set 'Bathroom Thermostat' heat setpoint to 64°".

Are either of these things that can be done in the plug-in, or would you need application help to make them happen?

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: A couple of UI feature requests

resnick wrote:
1. In neither the desktop app nor the web UI can you see the assorted "Custom States" (e.g., humidity, outdoor temp, etc.) that you can see in the iOS app. Is there some way to get those to appear?

In the Mac client when you have a device selected, notice that there is a split pane handle (a dark gray dot) between the list and the tile detail area. Drag it up and you'll see custom states. They aren't available in the Indigo Touch for Web UI at the moment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 am
resnick offline

jay (support) wrote:
resnick wrote:

In the Mac client when you have a device selected, notice that there is a split pane handle (a dark gray dot) between the list and the tile detail area. Drag it up and you'll see custom states. They aren't available in the Indigo Touch for Web UI at the moment.

Cool! I never noticed that before.

The custom states do appear in Indigo Touch (at least they do for these thermostats), but not in the Web UI. I guess that's a feature request for you guys. :wink:

pr

Posted on
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

resnick wrote:
The custom states do appear in Indigo Touch (at least they do for these thermostats), but not in the Web UI. I guess that's a feature request for you guys. :wink: r

As I said:

jay (support) wrote:
They aren't available in the Indigo Touch for Web UI at the moment.

Indigo Touch (which is often used to refer to specifically to the iOS client) is in fact the name of all of our client apps. Right now, there are two: iOS and Web. ;)

We have plans for the web on our long-term roadmap.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:01 am
resnick offline

jay (support) wrote:
They aren't available in the Indigo Touch for Web UI at the moment

Indigo Touch (which is often used to refer to specifically to the iOS client) is in fact the name of all of our client apps. Right now, there are two: iOS and Web. ;).

Aha! Reading is apparently difficult for me. Thanks Jay.

MPoulson: Any thought's about the other feature request?

resnick wrote:
2. When you create an action for a thermostat, the setpoint temperature is hidden in the "Edit Action Settings..." button, and when you see the action in an action list, it simply says something like "heat setpoint". It would be nice to have the setpoint in an editable text box when creating the action, and in the action list it would be nice to see "set 'Bathroom Thermostat' heat setpoint to 64°".

And just to add one more: It would be nice for the setpoints to be set with text input in the app instead of just up and down arrows. If I want to jump multiple degrees, I have to wait between clicks on the arrows.

Posted on
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:34 am
resnick offline

resnick wrote:

Well, I just answered my own question on this one: I hadn't realized that you can simply use standard Thermostat actions on devices using this plug-in. It's not clear to me why the plug-in provides it's own actions for things that you can set in the standard one, but it doesn't really matter. Which brings me to this one:

resnick wrote:
And just to add one more: It would be nice for the setpoints to be set with text input in the app instead of just up and down arrows. If I want to jump multiple degrees, I have to wait between clicks on the arrows.

That now sounds like a feature request for the standard Thermostat UI, not the plug-in, right Jay?

Posted on
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

resnick wrote:
resnick wrote:

That now sounds like a feature request for the standard Thermostat UI, not the plug-in, right Jay?

Correct, that would be a change to how Indigo Touch/etc handles the UI for thermostat devices. I'll add it to the feature request list.

Page 1 of 1