Video on control page

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:25 am
pixelpipeline offline

Video on control page

I'm trying to embed the ring video (at the url from the plugin) into a control page. So far without any success.

Am I missing something? Or is that not so easy?

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:14 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Video on control page

It doesn't work. The API includes that info, but it's only usable by the Ring app.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 pm
mpoulson offline

There are two video items:
#1 Live video
I am working on getting the video to work. It requires setting up a SIP call. I have tried using the SipSimple module, however i am having issues getting it and all the dependencies in place.

Based on my research it should work once I can get the SIP client in place. We have all the authentication information available and endpoint URL.

If anyone has gotten the SipSimple module working with dependencies please let me know. i am open to getting help.

#2 Recorded Video (Requires Cloud Subscription)
- This should just work with the URL provided under the recordingUrl property.

If you take this URL and paste it into your browser it should just load. It does for me at least.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm
ZachBenz offline

Note that the recordingUrl expires after 1 hour (that is, the randomly generated authentication credentials to Amazon AWS embedded in the URL are only good for 1 hour after the event is generated; also note that this means anyone you give the URL to can view your video for that hour window, as they will have the authentication credentials). See my post in the recordingURL thread about how to set up a trigger to download the video during this window and then e.g. email it out.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:20 am
JaceJenkins offline

mpoulson wrote:
There are two video items:
#1 Live video
I am working on getting the video to work. It requires setting up a SIP call. I have tried using the SipSimple module, however i am having issues getting it and all the dependencies in place.

Based on my research it should work once I can get the SIP client in place. We have all the authentication information available and endpoint URL.

If anyone has gotten the SipSimple module working with dependencies please let me know. i am open to getting help.

#2 Recorded Video (Requires Cloud Subscription)
- This should just work with the URL provided under the recordingUrl property.

If you take this URL and paste it into your browser it should just load. It does for me at least.

Did you ever get the live video feed working on the control page?

Page 1 of 1