Ring Doorbell Plugin (version 0.1.25)

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:32 pm
mpoulson offline

Re: Ring Doorbell Plugin (version 0.1.25)

I didn't realize not publishing source made people so paranoid.

I have pushed version 0.32 which has all source published and removes the reason why i closed in first place which was my ApplicationInights telemetry key. I didn't publish because i pay the bill for that azure spend and if someone wanted to rack my bill up they simply had to DoS my AI instance.

Enjoy :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks Mike!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 pm
mgolden50 offline

HI Jay,

It looks like the Mike Poulson version of the Ring plug-in is no longer functional. Its error messages seem to indicate that it is searching for files in the 7.2 directory.
If its not going to be undated, shouldn't it be removed from the plug-in store?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:54 pm
mgolden50 offline

I have been using the Zach Benz version of the Ring plugin (the only one that seems to work) for quite a while now. But Ive noticed that the longer I go between plugin reloads the time between a physical Ring event and the triggering of an Indigo event gets longer and longer; often as much as 20 to 30 seconds. [I remember some comment about a memory leak but don't know if this is still the case.] So today I tried to implement the Python script that reloads a plugin so I could schedule periodic reloads. The script worked fine with Better Email and a couple of other plugins I tried.

But didn't work at all to reload the Ring plugin. After some investigation I discovered that the Ring plugin is always in the Disabled Plug-in directory even after a clean install and enable or reloads.
Even stranger, it seems to work (albeit, slowly) from the Disabled directory..

Does anyone know of fix for this issue. Having a reliable Ring plugin would sure be great.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

mgolden50 wrote:
But didn't work at all to reload the Ring plugin. After some investigation I discovered that the Ring plugin is always in the Disabled Plug-in directory even after a clean install and enable or reloads.
Even stranger, it seems to work (albeit, slowly) from the Disabled directory..

Does anyone know of fix for this issue. Having a reliable Ring plugin would sure be great.

Unless you somehow got 2 copies of the plugin installed (one in the Plugins folder and another in the Plugins (Disabled) folder) then I can't explain this. Indigo doesn't execute any code from plugins in the Plugins (Disabled) folder - it only loads enough static information in order for it to show as disabled in the Plugins menu. Only plugins that are in the Plugins folder have any code executed.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

mgolden50 wrote:
It looks like the Mike Poulson version of the Ring plug-in is no longer functional. Its error messages seem to indicate that it is searching for files in the 7.2 directory.
If its not going to be undated, shouldn't it be removed from the plug-in store?

We've yet to remove any plugins from the store except in the case where the developer specifically pulled it. We don't yet have a policy about that but we'll discuss.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:47 pm
mgolden50 offline

Thanks for taking a look at the police. I and probably many others wasted a lot of time discovering that it didn't work and looks like it hasn't received any support for a couple of years.

Also on the previous Ring issue:
I completely removed all copies of the plugin, restarted the server and indigo. Re-downloaded and installed the plugin. And it definitely shows up in the Disabled Plugins directory. And it definitely executes albeit slowly, in spite of how you say it's not supposed to execute from that directory.. If I manually move it to the Plugins directory, it can't find some file that it needs when I reload it.

Most weird :?

Mike