Is anybody else getting a ring error message?

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2023 5:40 pm
EagleDTW offline

Is anybody else getting a ring error message?

Is anybody else getting a ring error message? The credentials are confirmed to be correct, but I'm not getting the 2FA popup asking for credentials, could this be freezing me out of the account or has something changed within the past 2 days that has started to bring up this error message?

Ring Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Ring Error Maximum retries reached - please go to the Ring plugin's 'Configure...' menu to update credentials
Ring Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Ring Error Connection error - pausing for 30 seconds before retrying (error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get')

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2023 6:44 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Is anybody else getting a ring error message?

I'm getting the same errors.

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2023 6:50 pm
EagleDTW offline

Well that's a relief - then this most likely is a backend change on ring's side!

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2023 9:29 am
hensed offline

Yup, getting this too. Disabling plugin for now. But I do hope it's working again. Some of my most important triggers are based on this plugin :(

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2023 11:17 am
ryanbuckner offline

Started working again:

Code: Select all
   Ring                            Attempting to connect to Ring.com API and login as xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
   Ring                            Connection to Ring.com API successful

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:47 am
ryanbuckner offline

Now I get this error a few times a day:

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:29:51 AM
   Ring Error                      Connection error - pausing for 30 seconds before retrying (error: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://api.ring.com/clients_api/doorbots/252900495/health?api_version=9)

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:30:22 AM
   Ring Error                      plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:07 pm
hensed offline

Now getting this..... Hope it fixes itself again

Ring Error                      plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   Ring Error                      Maximum retries reached - please go to the Ring plugin's 'Configure...' menu to update credentials
   Ring Error                      Connection error - pausing for 30 seconds before retrying (error: time data '2024-03-26T15:40:50.975Z' does not match format '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.000Z')

Posted on
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am
hensed offline

dang, such a small change broke it too. :(

The timestamp '2024-03-28T02:36:56.462Z' does not match the format string '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.000Z'. The the issue is just the milliseconds part of the timestamp, where .'462Z' does not match .'000Z'.

If someone could just switch it to ''%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ'" we'd be back in business.

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:26 pm
bdubnm offline

If someone could just switch it to ''%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ'" we'd be back in business.

At this point, this plugin is dead as well as several others I have used over the years. Not hopeful this will be resolved even for a seemingly trivial update. Every platform and end device update, more plugins stop working.

I've been using the platform for many years and willingly accepted the annual subscriptions assuming the plugins would be supported, but looks like most of the 3rd party developer community has left. As of right now, only 4 of the 15 or so plugins I once used still work with no replacements in sight. Half my triggers / automations are now disabled and I get less and less value from this platform every update.

Indigo is charging us annual subscriptions for continued use of the platform, but since they rely on 3rd party developers for 90% of the value (plugins) their platform brings, it begs the question...is it time to explore alternatives???

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:54 pm
bdubnm offline

ALSO...DO NOT apply update 2023.2 or else you will be fully out of luck and not just a date parsing issue. As of the 2023.2 update the plugin will not even run or install.

Guess it really is time to explore alternative solutions to Indigo. Quick check on other platforms and they still support many of the devices that are no longer supported here. Guessing thats where the 3rd party development community went.

Posted on
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:05 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The vast majority of users have successfully upgraded, either through plugin updates or by finding alternatives to plugins which the original developer is no longer active. It is truly unfortunate that you have so many plugins that were abandoned and we feel your pain. Our active 3rd party developers went through a process of upgrading many plugins which were abandoned but which 1) had an appropriate open source license attached to them and 2) which had supported APIs (where appropriate).

Unfortunately, for this specific plugin, the latter is the issue: Amazon has no official Ring API so all other integrations are either via reverse engineering (which will likely break over time) or are using some private API that Amazon only publishes to specific vendors. Because of this kind of scenario, several plugins which were reverse engineered have failed over time as the undocumented connection methods changed on the backend. There is nothing we can do about that.

Indigo is a very small platform: there are only 2 of us working on it full time. We added plugins to allow a more rich 3rd party environment to grow and support things which we just didn't have the time to do ourselves. This has by and large been quite successful. But as you point out the downside is that sometimes developers leave the platform or something else changes out of their control to break a plugin.

We also have to make sure that the software that we deliver is secure and reliable. We had no choice but to upgrade to Python 3 (we delayed the upgrade well past EOL for python 2) because there would be no more security updates to Python 2, an there was no compiled distribution of Python 2 available for Apple Silicon Macs. So we had to do the upgrade for your security as well as Indigo's stability moving forward. Unfortunately, that required that developers update their plugins to Python 3 as it's not backwards compatible in some aspects. Many plugins were updated quickly because the change was minor, and a few took a lot more effort because of underlying dependent library updates.

I'm not writing this as an excuse, but only to summarize where we've been and where we are now. We understand that some users may wish to find other solutions, and we wish you well on your journey. We are doing everything we can to keep Indigo rock-solid, secure, and useful in our ever-changing market.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

bdubnm wrote:
As of right now, only 4 of the 15 or so plugins I once used still work with no replacements in sight. Half my triggers / automations are now disabled and I get less and less value from this platform every update.

Feel free to post the exact plugins which haven't been upgraded on this forum and see if anyone else has found an appropriate substitute or alternate approach.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:17 pm
Dual offline

jay (support) wrote:
We are doing everything we can to keep Indigo rock-solid, secure, and useful in our ever-changing market.

Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:02 pm
bdubnm offline

jay (support) wrote:
Indigo is a very small platform: there are only 2 of us working on it full time. We added plugins to allow a more rich 3rd party environment to grow and support things which we just didn't have the time to do ourselves. This has by and large been quite successful. But as you point out the downside is that sometimes developers leave the platform or something else changes out of their control to break a plugin.

Jay. My apologies that this came off as a knock against you both. What you two have accomplished is/was amazing. If all the various plugins worked and the 3rd party development community was thriving like it once was, no doubt I would be in HA bliss.

Page 1 of 1