More complicated commands

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm
jheddings offline

Re: More complicated commands

Thanks for the suggestion! Would you want this as part of the SSH Device advanced config?

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm
jheddings offline

Re: More complicated commands

Let me think on the script / multiple commands option a bit. There is not a multi-line config UI field in Indigo (that I know of) so I'll have to see what can be done. I'm currently using this device to shut down computers when there is a power outage or water leak detected... Do you have another use case in mind?

On the username / password... The SSH client on macOS actually doesn't allow you to set a password via command line. I've been trying to get it to work via stdin, but so far it hasn't worked properly. I also use the SSH keypair option, since that seems to be the only supported option. I'll keep at it, though. I agree that just username / password is much easier to deal with.

BTW: a workaround (that I'm sure you have considered) is to place the script on your remote server (/usr/local/sbin/safe_shutdown or something) and configure the SSH Device to call that. Then you could control the precise shutdown sequence on your server whether it was called from Indigo or if you were administering locally.

Page 1 of 1