Use of variables

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 am
thumpinc offline

Use of variables

Hi - Thanks for a great plugin. I am having a hard time using the variable embedding in the notification. I am using %%v:VARIABLEID%% as suggested with the ID number substituted. Unfortunately prowl just displays %%v:VARIABLEID%% (with the ID number subbed) as written and doesn't sub in the variable value.

GROWL notification displays a message with the variable properly substituted with a value. PROWL notification does not. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the actual MESSAGE text I am using. 'Front door open at %%v:1092611187%%' and as GROWL does show the message properly, the variable itself exists and does have a value.

Thanks again and happy holidays.

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:25 am
jheddings offline

Re: Use of variables

Hmmm.. That is strange. Can you confirm the version of Indigo and the plugin you are using? The easiest way to do that is to Go to the Plugins > Prowl menu and look at the version next to "About Prowl..."

Also, can you try to change the message to an invalid variable ID (like 12345) and see if you get an error message? The Notification preferences should fail to validate if you have an invalid variable ID.

I'm looking at the plugin to see if I can add any debugging to help. The call to do the substitution is built in to the plugin, so I'm at a bit of a loss for now. We'll figure it out :)

Posted on
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 pm
thumpinc offline

Upgrading to 1.01 seems to have solved the issue. Must have been unicode related? Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm
jheddings offline

Ah, that could have been... Thanks for confirming the fix!

Page 1 of 1