Working URL/deeplink in Prowl of Growl on iPhone (how to??)

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 am
VincentS offline

Working URL/deeplink in Prowl of Growl on iPhone (how to??)

Hi

I have a Growl / Prowl question. I'm trying to create a deep link that will open a control page within prowl.

Ik seems to work fine if it is a http link (see attachment) but no matter what I try it does not work.. Anyone who knows how to get this done. (if I post the same link in the notes app on my iPhone it will work as a URL deeplink and opens the app just fine)

Kind regards
Vincent
Attachments
IMG_9148.PNG
IMG_9148.PNG (263.82 KiB) Viewed 2921 times

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Working URL/deeplink in Prowl of Growl on iPhone (how to

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the Prowl Notify plugin forum.

I just noticed you mention Growl/Prowl - are you using the Growl plugin to send the notification or the Prowl plugin? I'd recommend using the Prowl plugin directly (and you might get better URL results). The Growl plugin is just passing in text so it has no control over how Prowl (or anything else) interprets the text.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:32 am
VincentS offline

Re: Working URL/deeplink in Prowl of Growl on iPhone (SOLVED

Jay,

Thanks for your comment.. It took me two days to figure this out.. Everything I did was right all the time.. I did use the Growl plugin from Indigo no problem there..

A http:// URL shows up in blue as normal with hyperlinks.. the "open page tekst did not".. I discovered you have to press firm on the badge that shows up on the iPhone screen to open it.. All the time I was trying to get a blue coloured link... :?

Posted on
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:10 pm
jheddings offline

Re: Working URL/deeplink in Prowl of Growl on iPhone (how to

Hi Vincent-

I believe this is an issue with the way Growl sends the notifications to Prowl. The Prowl app does not interpret the links in the message of the notification.

Have you tried to use the Prowl plugin from within Indigo? It has the ability to specify a link in the notification, which should allow you to deep link to the control page.

Page 1 of 1