Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitoring)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:07 am
GlennNZ offline

Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitoring)

Enphase Envoy-S Plugin (including per Panel Individual Data/Monitoring)

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoEnphas ... ses/latest

Emphase is a per panel solar generation solution - via the use of roof based microinverters. This plugin monitors each panels output, and reports all useful data from the solar Enphase system via the Envoy-S.
See:http://www.enphase.com
&
For a international map of their thousands of installs see. (last count I see 540,000 installations.... :P ) (gotta be some Indigo users out there ???)
https://enphase.com/en-us/map

This Plugin connects the the local Enphase Envoy-S device and pulls all information; including individual panel output (regardless of whether you have that option with your install)

It connects locally to the envoy device - and does not use the enlighten / web-service API. The local connection provides much more information, is more UpToDate and can be pulled every few minutes without problem. Having compared the two over some time there is no comparison to this minute-minute data.

Usage/Installation:

Install Plugin - from Github as above.
(once installed can update from within Plugin)

I recommend you Create a New Folder for devices. Whilst you might only have one device - the Enphase Envoy-S: If you choose to use panel monitoring (and there is no reason not to - individual panel devices will be created in that folder)

Create "Enphase - Envoy-S Device"
(the Panel devices must be generated by the plugin if needed)

Enter your IP address for you local Envoy (ideally will need static IP)

Enter your Envoy Serial Number (located on web page as seen below:)

Save.

The Plugin has a number of Custom states - showing current production, consumption, and net power (negative indicating exporting power).
(amongst others)

Device states change from importing to exporting for triggering activity/control pages.

If that's all you want/need - leave it at that. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But:
If you want Per Panel data (and no negative) - go back into the Envoy-S device & enable per Panel data and click the newly appeared generate panels button.
(if change mind - this button will change to delete after checkbox unticked - beware though - if you re-generate panels a while later the Plugin will create a whole lot of new Devices which will mean Control Panels etc will need to be redone)

This will generate a PanelDevice for each Panel you have installed.

This shows current Panel output and any status reports and custom states as you can see.

This is still a work in progress, and expect some ongoing modifications(in fact can already see some typos on the pictures posted :<) - but hopefully useful for someone.

Glenn
Last edited by GlennNZ on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:49 am
midd offline

Re: Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitorin

Thanks for doing this! I'll try it out with my system and report back.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sweet! Thanks for contributing to the ecosystem.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:37 pm
midd offline

Why is it when I download it, the plugin appears as folder?

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:05 pm
GlennNZ offline

midd wrote:
Why is it when I download it, the plugin appears as folder?

Hopefully you have figured out -
Just need to delete the github added master off the end of the folder name- but have updated zip file with this already done.
Glenn

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Just need to delete the github added master off the end of the folder name- but have updated zip file with this already done.
Glenn

I've found it's better to have the git repository actually set for the folder enclosing the .indigoplugin folder. That way you can put in a README or other supplementary files along with the plugin. See how any of mine are setup.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:39 pm
GlennNZ offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
Glenn

I've found it's better to have the git repository actually set for the folder enclosing the .indigoplugin folder. That way you can put in a README or other supplementary files along with the plugin. See how any of mine are setup.

Thanks. Did originally create it along those lines - changing the ghpu path setting to deal with.

But found when moved development to PyCharm and Symbolic links to Plugin folders - that only seems to start with the .indigoPlugin file (as the current github)
In my brief looking - and learning with PyCharm and its git settings- couldn't quite see how to add extra folder and keep symbolic link intact.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I also recommend zipping up just the plugin and adding it to the release (named exactly as the plugin should be named). This will make it much simpler for users to download and install. See the Alexa-Hue Bridge releases tab for examples. It's a tiny bit of extra work, but you generally don't do releases that often so I think it's a small price to pay for convenience.

And I agree with FlyingDiver - making the repo the actual plugin directory (as opposed to putting it inside a "master" folder) is a bit problematic when trying to store other things (readme's, images for the readme, etc) that aren't actually part of the plugin hierarchy.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:58 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I wouldn't bother trying to use the git integration in PyCharm. Use GitKraken or some other Git client.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:06 pm
GlennNZ offline

jay (support) wrote:
I also recommend zipping up just the plugin and adding it to the release (named exactly as the plugin should be named). This will make it much simpler for users to download and install. See the Alexa-Hue Bridge releases tab for examples. It's a tiny bit of extra work, but you generally don't do releases that often so I think it's a small price to pay for convenience.

And I agree with FlyingDiver - making the repo the actual plugin directory (as opposed to putting it inside a "master" folder) is a bit problematic when trying to store other things (readme's, images for the readme, etc) that aren't actually part of the plugin hierarchy.

Thanks Jay,
Okay - obviously it must be possible with PyCharm (and auto push to github) and using Symbolic links?

Symbolic link - is to the .indigoPlugin file. Opening this in Pycharm - and then pushing to github - give the folder structure I have.
How do I add a folder above from within Pycharm and keeping symbolic link?

Or do I need a seperate folder for that being uploaded to github? - which I update perdiocally from the symbolic link contents?

Will keep fiddling.

Glnn

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:12 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Here's what my folder structure looks like. The "BetterEmail" folder is the git repository. The symlink from the Plugins folder points to the BetterEmail.indigoPlugin folder. If PyCharm has a problem with that, then just don't use PyCharm to push updates to GitHub. There are lots of Git clients out there.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 6.09.01 PM 12-20.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 6.09.01 PM 12-20.png (245.13 KiB) Viewed 17343 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:25 pm
GlennNZ offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Here's what my folder structure looks like. The "BetterEmail" folder is the git repository. The symlink from the Plugins folder points to the BetterEmail.indigoPlugin folder. If PyCharm has a problem with that, then just don't use PyCharm to push updates to GitHub. There are lots of Git clients out there.

Thanks Joe
Will restructure folders/files - presume PyCharm shouldn't have problem with it.
Glenn

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:08 pm
Bollar offline

Neat. I wonder if it works on my legacy Envoy? I'll play with it over the weekend.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:12 pm
GlennNZ offline

Bollar wrote:
Neat. I wonder if it works on my legacy Envoy? I'll play with it over the weekend.

Cool,
Let me know how you go.
Apparently there are some differences - the per panel option may not work (but just don't enable it if it doesn't)
Welcome to post differences and can incorporate the different models

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:22 pm
Bollar offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Bollar wrote:

Cool,
Let me know how you go.

Yeah, no luck. the local API on my Envoy is quite limited and it doesn't even respond to your plugin.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts