Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitoring)

Posted on
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:50 pm
roquej offline

Re: Enphase Envoy-S Solar Power Plugin (with Panel Monitorin

No network analyzer nor other device/services trying to access. that is 100% certain. Is just the indigo device.

If are not the panels, it could be something wrong with my Envoy-S. By the way, which firmware do you in your Envoy? I noticed my needs an update. Dealing with that tomorrow.

Will recreate the panel devices and do the debug logs for a bit before sending via PM. Do you want high debug level?

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 pm
GlennNZ online

Yes as high as possible.

Still would check network - because even if something is pinging the wrong IP address that could cause that. So may not be intentional towards the enphase - but something else left over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:43 pm
aldera offline

Hi Glenn,

Would it be possible to add the “Peak Power” value of the system to your plugin? This is the value that displays on the “Status” page of the Enlighten website.

If you could, that would be great.

Ralph

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:21 am
GlennNZ online

Thats a great idea! Love it. Will get around to it soon.

Have had lighting strike take out - well still finding out what’s what - but a lot. AV Receiver exploded along with speakers I would guess. 3 Sonos Amps dead, plus/minus speakers. Some Ip Cameras. 3 switches, including 24 Unifi switch. Internet/Router/Modem….

It’s been a fun day… finally got internet and router server replaced from spare parts, so internet back up…. Just taking stock of everything else.

If I don’t add soon’ish welcome to remind me as might slip mind.

Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:26 am
aldera offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Have had lighting strike take out - well still finding out what’s what - but a lot. AV Receiver exploded along with speakers I would guess. 3 Sonos Amps dead, plus/minus speakers. Some Ip Cameras. 3 switches, including 24 Unifi switch. Internet/Router/Modem….

Holy cow! That must have been a direct hit to take out that much gear. So sorry to hear it. Did your solar system survive?

Good luck getting everything back up and running.

Ralph

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:05 am
GlennNZ online

Thanks

Well must have been close - but no closer than a decade of summer like storms…. Guess it just takes one strike. Have had insurance assessor’s visit - not sure they had much idea…. Keep finding stuff though - appletv tonight…

Solar seems okay’ ish - your reply made me look - seems to be one microinverter not reporting - maybe an issue. Will wait and see…

Have updated GitHub enphase plugin with new version adding
- DailyMaxProduction
- WeeklyMaxProduction
- EverMaxProuduction

I’m running it - so far so good, may be some changes needed if I have messed up the reset timing….

Currently resets week Sunday midnight, and daily at midnight…

Welcome to try, or I’ll test some more and let you know. Again might be side-tracked! So thought would update post here.

Glenn

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:16 am
aldera offline

Hi Glenn,

Downloaded v0.3.7 from GitHub and all seems to be working. The new values don't automatically populate after the upgrade nor with a reload or refresh of the plugin. I had to manually create them. No big deal but I think the original plugin created all those values. Won't know if the reset works until the end of the week.

Thanks again for the quick update.

Ralph

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:23 am
roquej offline

Glenn,

Had similar issues with power surges, but not as bad as yours, and this device has helped since installation five years ago.

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/51120-1

JP

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:53 pm
GlennNZ online

aldera wrote:
Hi Glenn,

Downloaded v0.3.7 from GitHub and all seems to be working. The new values don't automatically populate after the upgrade nor with a reload or refresh of the plugin. I had to manually create them. No big deal but I think the original plugin created all those values. Won't know if the reset works until the end of the week.

Thanks again for the quick update.

Ralph
Hi

Had to re-read this a few times. Still not sure I completely follow.

The new values have to be calculated by the plugin. The local enphase device does not record any maximums. I presume the enphase webend also calculates and updates as it receives data.

So essentially the values will change, be updated as new maximums are reached.

Not sure I follow the manually create them comment? They should appear as a new custom state in enphase envoy-s device?

Glenn

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:54 pm
GlennNZ online

roquej wrote:
Glenn,

Had similar issues with power surges, but not as bad as yours, and this device has helped since installation five years ago.

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/51120-1

JP
Thanks
Having a look at options - was planning on doing some mains board work - relocating meters.
Ideally would have a device that can be manually reset …

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:48 pm
aldera offline

Hi

Had to re-read this a few times. Still not sure I completely follow.

The new values have to be calculated by the plugin. The local enphase device does not record any maximums. I presume the enphase webend also calculates and updates as it receives data.

So essentially the values will change, be updated as new maximums are reached.

Not sure I follow the manually create them comment? They should appear as a new custom state in enphase envoy-s device?

Sorry about that. Poor choice of words.

The 3 "state" values (productionWattsMaxEver, productionWattsMaxWeek and productionWattsMaxToday) were not created when I upgraded to v0.3.7. I had to manually create them using the "Adapters" type as the new device. Attached is the Adapter I created for the productionWattsMaxWeek value. Will those only be created automatically if I create a new Enphase Envoy-S?

Ralph
Attachments
device.jpg
device.jpg (51.12 KiB) Viewed 6692 times

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm
GlennNZ online

Umm..

No.

The three new custom state values are automatically created and added to existing Envoy-S device. I’ll check to see whether will apply to all types of Envoy’s…

If you pull the bottom bar up on Envoy-S device in indigo you will see the custom states. I have tested on 2 setups and they are automatically created.

They will start off at 0 until production happens and then calculate the maximums moving forward.

I still not sure what you mean by manually create them…. The fact that they show up as an option in the adapters plugin to me means that they are there already.

Not sure where you are trying to look to find them…

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm
aldera offline

GlennNZ wrote:

The three new custom state values are automatically created and added to existing Envoy-S device. I’ll check to see whether will apply to all types of Envoy’s…

If you pull the bottom bar up on Envoy-S device in indigo you will see the custom states. I have tested on 2 setups and they are automatically created.

They will start off at 0 until production happens and then calculate the maximums moving forward.

I still not sure what you mean by manually create them…. The fact that they show up as an option in the adapters plugin to me means that they are there already.

Not sure where you are trying to look to find them…

You're absolutely right! Sorry about that.

I totally forgot that when I started using your plugin, I created "Adapter" devices so I could control the format of your device "states." I'm using the "Adapters" plugin to accomplish that so there is one Adapter device for each of your Envoy states that I was using. After I upgraded to v0.3.7 I mistakenly was looking for the three new states under the devices list.

Man do I feel dumb! Sorry for all the confusion. Plugin is working great!

Ralph

Posted on
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:49 pm
RobinSD offline

Glen,
I installed your plugin and Indigo the other day. My Envoy is one of the older R/LCD units. I'm wondering if this is why I'm not seeing any of the custom states or other info other than the very basic data available via the Envoy's web interface. Am I out of luck with this model?

Thanks,
Robert

Posted on
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:32 pm
GlennNZ online

Hi

Very likely!

If the data doesn’t exist - then the plugin can’t access it. If you are getting the same data as the web interface then that will be it basically.

There are a couple of plugin enphase devices - either legacy or envoy-S I recall. With these old Envoy-R devices the legacy would be the best fit but the data received is limited.

Glenn