Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:34 pm
Ramias offline

Upgrade to Mojave -- Twisted requires zope.interface

Plugin failing after upgrade to Mojave.

Getting:

Hikvision Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Hikvision.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Hikvision.py", line 24, in <module>
File "./lib/twisted/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
File "./lib/twisted/__init__.py", line 37, in _checkRequirements
ImportError: Twisted requires zope.interface 3.6.0 or later: no module named zope.interface.

I fixed it by copying the "zope_4.4.2" from the Sonos plugin and creating a symlink called "zope" to it. In case this helps anybody else. Not sure why this worked pre-Mojave but not post.

Posted on
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:42 pm
mclass offline

Re: Upgrade to Mojave -- Twisted requires zope.interface

I fixed it by copying the "zope_4.4.2" from the Sonos plugin and creating a symlink called "zope" to it. In case this helps anybody else. Not sure why this worked pre-Mojave but not post.

Can you be a little more specific about this process - especially the creation (and location) of the symlink? Do you have this plugin working with Hikvision firmware version 5.5.0 or later?

mclass

Posted on
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:05 pm
Ramias offline

Re: Upgrade to Mojave -- Twisted requires zope.interface

Looks like my Hikvisions are all 5.2.

In the "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Hikvision.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib" folder, I have:

the zope_4.4.2 copied over from the Sonos plugin.
A Symlink in that folder called zope pointing to zope_4.4.2. I supposed I just could have renamed zope_4.4.2 to zope.

Page 1 of 1