Camera Alert Settings

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:39 am
RogueProeliator offline

Camera Alert Settings

I installed the plugin last night but only had a few minutes to play around with it - so far looks pretty cool and useful. I setup one device/camera for motion detection and saw that it was logging some motion into the log. So far so good - no complaints/problems at all.

I do have one question, though... I logged into the camera's web interface and see that motion detection alert is not checked / enabled, so I am assuming this registers for the alerts somehow automatically. Thus, my question is this - do you know if I enable and customize the motion detection on the camera's web interface (sensitivity and/or detection zone), if that will be honored in the plugin? I can play around with it to find out, just thought you might have known from playing with your own cameras.

Thanks for the plugin!
Adam

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:31 am
Ramias offline

Re: Camera Alert Settings

I am sort of looking for something similar.

My cameras support line crossing detection which emails me if the line is crossed.

I'd like to turn the emails for this OFF when I am home and on when I am away.

I do this today with AppleScript calling a CURL command that PUTS an XML (one for on, one for off).

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 pm
nlagaros offline

The plugin should respect the alert settings that you have on the camera. I only receive the stream and verify that the alerts are enabled. I've only verified with my own cameras. I only have two models - the 2CD2032 and 2CD2432. What model do you have?

RogueProeliator wrote:
I installed the plugin last night but only had a few minutes to play around with it - so far looks pretty cool and useful. I setup one device/camera for motion detection and saw that it was logging some motion into the log. So far so good - no complaints/problems at all.

I do have one question, though... I logged into the camera's web interface and see that motion detection alert is not checked / enabled, so I am assuming this registers for the alerts somehow automatically. Thus, my question is this - do you know if I enable and customize the motion detection on the camera's web interface (sensitivity and/or detection zone), if that will be honored in the plugin? I can play around with it to find out, just thought you might have known from playing with your own cameras.

Thanks for the plugin!
Adam

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 pm
nlagaros offline

Check out the release (v0.1.2) I just posted.

Ramias wrote:
I am sort of looking for something similar.

My cameras support line crossing detection which emails me if the line is crossed.

I'd like to turn the emails for this OFF when I am home and on when I am away.

I do this today with AppleScript calling a CURL command that PUTS an XML (one for on, one for off).

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:40 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I only have two models - the 2CD2032 and 2CD2432. What model do you have?

I have 3 IP cameras right now - 2CD2132F and 2CD3132 models... I am slowly replacing analog cameras with newer, better IP cameras and like the ability to use them with this plugin - so I'm sure will stick with Hikvision! I'd like to get a PTZ one at some point as well, but the price jumps so much will have to see.

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 pm
Ramias offline

(Just realized I sent this as a PM instead of in the thread).

Thank you. That action does indeed toggle the on/off for LineDetection etc.

What is the significance of setting the email address for alerts in Indigo vs on the camera itself (where I previously had email configured)?

Also, any chance you can add an action in Indigo to "grab single snapshot from camera stream 1 and email it" (ideally using the email settings already defined in Indigo?) I have a script that does this today but having a defined action would be great. (I do this when the front door is rung or the mailbox is opened).

Posted on
Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:17 am
nlagaros offline

I set the recipient email address in the alert action to be able to differentiate from other indigo emails. In my case, I send some of the alerts to my wife. As for configuring an email sender and not using the Indigo settings, I thought you could not use the Indigo email sender action with attachments. Am I wrong with that thinking? Are you able to access the Indigo email settings that are in preferences? If I could access them directly, I would not need to ask for them again in the plugin configuration.

As for the snapshot action, I can add that in a coming release.

Ramias wrote:
(Just realized I sent this as a PM instead of in the thread).

Thank you. That action does indeed toggle the on/off for LineDetection etc.

What is the significance of setting the email address for alerts in Indigo vs on the camera itself (where I previously had email configured)?

Also, any chance you can add an action in Indigo to "grab single snapshot from camera stream 1 and email it" (ideally using the email settings already defined in Indigo?) I have a script that does this today but having a defined action would be great. (I do this when the front door is rung or the mailbox is opened).

Page 1 of 1