Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:12 am
davinci offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

Thanks for your reply.

I know this device exists but I don't want to use it in Indigo. Therefore I don't need that message but I can't disable it. (removing is not an option)

Any idea what this is about? That happens from time to time:
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:24 am
davinci offline

Looks like a timeout of 5 second handles fixes the mentioned error message. I had the timeout set to maximum.

Regarding the "Error writing data for Netatmo unit: 'TEST'. No matching Indigo device found.", please consider making this error not appear if not wanted. I have these devices but don't use all of them in Indigo.

Because I'm monitoring the log for errors this makes it impossible to get valid data.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:53 pm
berkinet offline

davinci wrote:
...Regarding the "Error writing data for Netatmo unit: 'TEST'. No matching Indigo device found.", please consider making this error not appear if not wanted. I have these devices but don't use all of them in Indigo.... ...Because I'm monitoring the log for errors this makes it impossible to get valid data.

Could you explain the use case for having a device defined that you did not use? Have you tried just disabling communications for this device?

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm
davinci offline

One sensor is shared. The other one is a wind sensor.

I will try to disable communication but this error comes before creating a device.

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:48 pm
berkinet offline

davinci wrote:
One sensor is shared. The other one is a wind sensor.

I still do not understand why you need an Indigo device for something you do not wish to connect to? If you are not using an Indigo Netatmo "device" in the plugin, you should delete it. That device has no impact on your Netatmo account. Did you try turning off communications to that device?

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:11 am
davinci offline

Ok, I think I have to explain the situation better.

I have the devices TEST and Wind in Netatmo. I don't want it to add to Indigo because I have no use of it or it doesn't work yet (wind). So the devices are not visible in Indigo.

For every device that hasn't been added yet I get this error message everytime Indigo updates the Netatmo values:

Code: Select all
  Netatmo Plugin Error            Error writing data for Netatmo unit: 'Wind'. No matching Indigo device found.
u'Wind'
  Netatmo Plugin Error            Error writing data for Netatmo unit: 'TEST'. No matching Indigo device found.
u'TEST'

So yes, it can't write data because there is no device to write it in. Unless I remove the device from Netatmo I have no way of getting rid of this message.

Second problem still exists. If the timeout takes longer than x I get an error message. That's ok, but I don't really want that message to appear if it times out just once... This happens frequently on Netatmo servers. It should just retry silently which is most of the time a success.

Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
  Netatmo Plugin Error            plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Hope this makes it clear. Thank you for considering to fix these two issues.

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:08 am
FlyingDiver offline

Maybe you could just create the devices to shut up the discovery log message, then disable them so Indigo doesn't try to use them for anything.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:14 am
davinci offline

Thanks I did that, but I can't do that for the wind sensor yet. Because there is no "device" for it I still get an error.
Error device "new device" state key date_min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "new device" state key date_max_wind_str not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:59 am
berkinet offline

I am sorry, but I really do not see the pressing need to leave unused devices in Indigo. To do do that for one plugin would take far more work to change the plugin than it would take to delete and re-create the device.

Perhaps you can ask Matt and Jay to add a feature to "disable" a device as a general product capability.

davinci wrote:
Thanks I did that, but I can't do that for the wind sensor yet. Because there is no "device" for it I still get an error.
Error device "new device" state key date_min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "new device" state key date_max_wind_str not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

berkinet wrote:
I am sorry, but I really do not see the pressing need to leave unused devices in Indigo. To do do that for one plugin would take far more work to change the plugin than it would take to delete and re-create the device.

If I understand this correctly, the problem is that there is NO Indigo device matching this Netatmo sensor, but the plugin is trying to find one to write the data to. So he continually gets errors because the plugin won't ignore these Netatmo devices.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:23 am
davinci offline

Thanks joe, thats's right.

I have a shared device in my Netatmo account. I don't want it in Indigo, so I don't add it. Because I did NOT add it I get this error message. But for me this is not an error...

Why does the plugin crash when it timeouts? Looks like a serious bug.

Netatmo Plugin Error            Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
  Netatmo Plugin Error            plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:57 am
autolog offline

Is anyone else getting Netatmo errors, like:
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'module_name'

Started happening at 13:48 GMT.

Not sure if it is something going wrong at my end or a problem at the Netatamo end :?

Posted on
Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
berkinet offline

Version 0.6.0 of the Netatmo plugin is now available. For more information, see the Netatmo Announcement topic.

Posted on
Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:00 pm
berkinet offline

Many thanks to @jeremyjjr for this link to the Netatmo online shop which is selling the new wind gauge. Pricing is in.
Unfortunately for customers outside of Europe, this link is only valid for shipping to European destinations.

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:44 am
davinci offline

Thanks a lot for the update.

I do still get the error message for not existing modules despite having logging level to none. Looks like I have to add them.

And I still get this one as well:
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Page 13 of 26 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26