Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:02 pm
otto-mate offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

berkinet wrote:
Click Edit Action Settings... For Insert State: Select Temperature and for Into Variable: select the variable (it must already exist) you wish to save the temperature into.

Thanks berkinet, that's perfect.

M.

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:54 am
berkinet offline

v0.4.0 available

Version 0.4.0 of the Netatmo plugin is now available. Please see the Netatmo Announcement topic for more information.

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:36 am
nicb offline

Hi, I just got my NetAtmo and dove straight in to the 0.4.0 plugin, but it is erroring for me:

Code: Select all
31 Aug 2013 18:31:15
  SQL Logger Error                exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1965852535 ("NA Outdoor") -- unable to modify table
  SQL Logger Error                near "when": syntax error
  SQL Logger Error                INSERT INTO device_history_1965852535 (battery_level, humidity, rf_signal, temperature, when) VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s);
  SQL Logger Error                exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1965852535 ("NA Outdoor") -- unable to modify table
  SQL Logger Error                INSERT INTO device_history_1965852535 (battery_level, humidity, rf_signal, temperature, when) VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s);

I have deleted the devices and tried a couple of times, but am consisternly getting these table creation errors. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Nic

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 pm
AndrewGWalsh offline

Isn't this a problem with the SQL Logger plugin? It tries to create field names to match those on the devices even if the field names are reserved words ('when') in SQL.

I suspect your NetAtmo plugin is functioning fine.

The SQL Logger plugin could perhaps map reserved words to something slightly different or the NetAtmo device names could be changed - it would be more robust IMO to change the SQL Logger plugin.

Andrew

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:07 pm
berkinet offline

AndrewGWalsh nailed it. I just used the names Netatmo gave the fields in their API. I have revised the plugin to use Observation_Time as the state name in place of When.

Version 0.4.1 is available on dropbox. You do not need to delete the existing Netatmo devices. Just open them, click Edit Device Settings... and then save and close.

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 pm
AndrewGWalsh offline

Now _that_ is software turnaround....

:-)

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:16 pm
nicb offline

Yeah! Fast work, I was just testing...

I was still getting an error

Code: Select all
  Netatmo Plugin Error            Error: -'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable- reading data for Indigo device 'NAOutdoor'

so I deleted the devices and recreated. All seems to be working now.

Thanks very much!

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

berkinet: Thanks for working around the problem (in the SQL plugin) in your plugin. We need to modify the SQL plugin as well to handle the use of reserved words.

Posted on
Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 am
col offline

Is the download link broken? getting a 404 error

Ignore, just found it

Posted on
Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 am
berkinet offline

col wrote:
Is the download link broken? getting a 404 error

Ignore, just found it
Glad you found it. I also just updated the link to v0.4.1. Minor change to support users of the SQL Logger plugin.

Posted on
Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:56 pm
Seeker offline

i noticed IFTTT just added netatmo recipes. not sure what good it does with indigo, but interesting.

http://blog.ifttt.com/post/74288176359/ ... nel-plus-a

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm
oliverjhudson offline

Will this plugin work with the standalone thermostat as well, or does it only handle the weather station?

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:09 pm
berkinet offline

oliverjhudson wrote:
Will this plugin work with the standalone thermostat as well, or does it only handle the weather station?

It will definitely not control the thermostat. It may report the thermostat's readings.

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:09 pm
orangy offline

Works perfect, thanks! I'd like to may be help improve it, do you have github repository with sources or something?

Posted on
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:31 pm
zeigh offline

Re: Netatmo plugin

Has anyone had issues with this Netatmo plugin (0.4.1) in the last few days? It is suddenly unable to connect online for data when all other plugins are working fine, as well as my Netatmo user name/password connecting on their web portal. Here is a sample of the repeated Indigo log text:

Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct runConcurrantThread
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct readNetatmo
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: ClientAuth init
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct postRequest
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'scope'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.