Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:42 pm
gbiski offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

Hello,

The last days i am receiving the following error:

Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key When not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key CO2 not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key AbsolutePressure not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key date_max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key date_min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key wifi_status not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key date_min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key rf_status not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key date_max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key battery_vp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key batteryLevel not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key batteryLevel not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Netatmo Dark Outdoor" state key When not defined (ignoring update request)

Any ideas?

thanks
George

Posted on
Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 am
berkinet offline

gbiski wrote:
...The last days i am receiving the following error:

Error device "Netatmo Dark Indoor" state key When not defined (ignoring update request)...

Are you running the latest version, 0.5.4? If not, upgrade and see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise, try redefining your Netatmo devices. If all else fails, delete and then recreate the Netatmo devices. If you are still having trouble after set the plugin log level to intense debug, then restart the plugin and post the results here.

Posted on
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:41 pm
berkinet offline

Beta 0.5.5 available

Beta version 0.5.5 is now available. See the Netatmo Announcement topic for details.

Posted on
Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:13 pm
Autobot offline

Hi guys,

Regarding this Netatmo plugin. Do you know if the Netatmo thermostat can be integrated with Indigo in the same way?
I'm thinking that the Netatmo account probably allows you to access both the weather station and the thermostat?
If so, would be great if that feature could be implemented.
Getting fed up with my Nest due to various issues...

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:01 am
berkinet offline

Autobot wrote:
...Regarding this Netatmo plugin. Do you know if the Netatmo thermostat can be integrated with Indigo in the same way?
I'm thinking that the Netatmo account probably allows you to access both the weather station and the thermostat?
If so, would be great if that feature could be implemented.
Getting fed up with my Nest due to various issues...

There is an API for the Thermostat so a plugin is possible. Given the different nature of Thermostat devices, and Indigo's built-in support for such devices, I would think it would be best to develop a plugin specifically for the Netatmo Thermostat.

However, I am not the person to do it. I do not have a Netatmo Thermostat, and have no need for one at this time (I use Proliphix thermostats). Perhaps there is someone around who might be motivated to write a plugin in trade for the hardware?

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:35 pm
Autobot offline

Thanks for getting back to me on this Berkinet.
Will have a look at how I may facilitate this happening - more than happy to provide the hardware to a suitable individual.
Cheers.

Posted on
Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:31 am
Autobot offline

Further to this discussion - appears that Fibaro HC2, as of latest Beta Firmware, has builtin Netatmo integration, for both weather and thermostat.
This may actually solve my problem as I have a HC2 which has been collecting dust since I upgraded (in my view) to Indigo.
Maybe time to dust it off...

Posted on
Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:03 pm
wiery offline

Don't waste your time, the plugin doesn't work, don't think any of the plugins actually are fully functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For clarification, you are referring to plugins not working on the Fibaro HC2 not Indigo?

Posted on
Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:54 pm
wiery offline

Yes matt sorry, I am talking about plugins in HC2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:09 am
rvarela offline

Hi,

I configured a new user in my Netatmo station to share the weather data with a friend. He is trying Indigo in demo mode and installed the Netatmo plugin. He isn't able to get my weather station data using the plugin, He obtains the following message:

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute ‘items’.

Any advice?
Thanks,

Ramiro

Posted on
Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:18 am
berkinet offline

rvarela wrote:
...I configured a new user in my Netatmo station to share the weather data with a friend. He is trying Indigo in demo mode and installed the Netatmo plugin. He isn't able to get my weather station data using the plugin, He obtains the following message:

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute ‘items’.

Any advice?

First, I never tested the plugin with additional users, so it may just not work. But, before digging deeper I'd suggest your friend go through his configuration completely to make sure he has everything entered correctly. If that doesn't resolve the problem, put the plugin into "Intense Debug" mode and post the output here.

Once I have the debug traces, I should be able to figure out the problem and, if necessary, add the required code to support additional users.

Posted on
Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:52 am
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
rvarela wrote:
...I configured a new user in my Netatmo station... ...He isn't able to get my weather station data using the plugin...
...I never tested the plugin with additional users, so it may just not work....

After poking around the Netatmo site and creating an additional user to test with, I see what may be the cause of the problem. The additional user is not configured for the third-party Indigo app. It is not clear how this can be accomplished and I have written to Netatmo support for more information.

Posted on
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:01 am
rvarela offline

Thanks Berkinet for the super fast reply. Impressive!

Posted on
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 am
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
berkinet wrote:
...I never tested the plugin with additional users, so it may just not work....

After poking around the Netatmo site and creating an additional user to test with, I see what may be the cause of the problem. The additional user is not configured for the third-party Indigo app. It is not clear how this can be accomplished and I have written to Netatmo support for more information.

It appears you cannot allow other users to access apps connected to your account...
In an email to berkinet, netatmo Support wrote:
As being a friend user, his access is limited,
he will not be able to acees third party applications.
you will have to add his account as an administrator to give him all the privilege.

So, unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything I can do in the plugin to permit users to see netatmo stations they do not own. If this is an issue for you, you can try to pursue it on the API forum in the netatmo forums

Page 7 of 26 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26