Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:34 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

[quote="Seeker"...interesting discussion on the netatmo vera plugin with rain gauge.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/ ... #msg178491[/quote]

thanks for the link. Netatmo automatically reports current (I.e. Since last measurement), 1 and 24 hour rain totals. So, I am not sure why the MiCasaVerde plugin isn't just using that?

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:37 pm
Seeker offline

Thanks, my good ole' imperial fahrenheit is back! One of these days, I'll work on converting the rest of the world away from the metric system. :D

thanks again for this plugin!

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:51 pm
Seeker offline

what does the 'when' do for the rain gauge?

Also, I just noticed that the max, min temps are not converted to F.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:27 pm
rlb2 offline

Re: Netatmo plugin (FIXED)

EDIT: OK Just saw your post today. That was quick :) Thanks!

Hi Great Plugin!
Only issue I am experiencing is that is only reports temp in C. Not F. Even though you can select F, it still doesn't change. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!
Rob

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 pm
Seeker offline

Re: Netatmo plugin (FIXED)

rlb2 wrote:
EDIT: OK Just saw your post today. That was quick :) Thanks!

Hi Great Plugin!
Only issue I am experiencing is that is only reports temp in C. Not F. Even though you can select F, it still doesn't change. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!
Rob

more discussion in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9949&start=60

Posted on
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 am
berkinet offline

Seeker wrote:
what does the 'when' do for the rain gauge?...

When indicates the last time the Netatmo server read data from your device. In the case of the rain gauge, the amount indicated in the Rain state is the amount of rain since the previous read.

and then Seeker wrote:
Also, I just noticed that the max, min temps are not converted to F.

Thanks for spotting that. I have fixed the problem and placed a new beta (0.5.2) on dropbox.
ALSO... I fixed a spelling error (I can't spell Gauge either). If you have a Rain Gauge, you will need to delete and re-create the Indigo device.

I still have some cleanup to do, especially in the debugging code. Once that is done, and we wait a few days to see what other problems show up, I will post the update notice to the Netatmo thread.

Posted on
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:07 am
berkinet offline

Netatmo plugin discussion

To help focus this discussion (re: the Netatmo plugin) I have moved user posts from the Netatmo announcement thread to this thread.

Posted on
Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 am
berkinet offline

I have placed the Netatmo Plugin beta 0.5.3 on dropbox. This update contains the following changes since 0.5.1:
  • Added Imperial unit support for min_temp & max_temp
  • Corrected spelling error (Gauge vs. Guage)
      YOU MUST REDEFINE YOUR RAIN GAUGE DEVICES
  • Added support for battery level display
      There is very little documentation on the battery level data. I have made a guess here. But, the actual display is likely to be wrong for now. If you add fresh batteries to a module, please post here noting: the value of the battery_vp state, the type of battery and the type of module. Thanks.
  • Restored wifi_status state for the base station

Posted on
Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:18 am
Seeker offline

Thanks. Now just to wait for rain...

Posted on
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:58 am
berkinet offline

Beta 0.5.4 available

I have placed the Netatmo Plugin beta 0.5.4 on dropbox. This update contains changes to support a Maximum age for data (in Minutes) (time-to-live) feature that is now available in the Python Netatmo libs. This feature allows you to set a maximum age for data to be downloaded, and the Indigo device(s) updated. If the data is older ,(I.e. has not been updated on the Netatmo server) more recently that the time-to-live, it will be ignored and an error message printed in the Indigo log. This update also has a fix for a problem caused when Netatmo, for reasons I can't figure out, ocassionaly reports CO2 as Co2, causing Indigo to post an error about a nonexistent state.

The Maximum age for data (in Minutes) setting is on the Plugin Configure... menu and has a default setting of 60 minutes.
Here is a screenshot of the plugin config pane:
ss1.png
ss1.png (77.21 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
And here is what the error messages look like:
    Netatmo Plugin Error No current data available for: Indoor
    Netatmo Plugin Error No current data available for: Outdoor
    Netatmo Plugin Error No current data available for: Mbdrm
    Netatmo Plugin Error No current data available for: Rain gauge
There are couple of limitations with this feature...
  1. You must reload the plugin after changing the time-to-live setting.
  2. There is no event defined for the case when data is out of date. That is, you cannot create a trigger for stale data.
Both of these limitations will be addressed in a future release of the plugin.

Posted on
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 am
rvarela offline

Only to notify a new very satisfied user with this plugin installed and working nicely.
Thanks you very much :lol:

Posted on
Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:46 am
berkinet offline

rvarela wrote:
Only to notify a new very satisfied user with this plugin installed and working nicely.
Thanks you very much :lol:
Thanks. :D

BTW, I have found a small issue I will address sooner or later. If the plugin times out opening the Netatmo server it throws a fatal error and restarts.
    Netatmo Plugin Error - Plugin stopping. Reason = <urlopen error The read operation timed out>
    Netatmo Plugin - Stopping Netatmo device read loop
    Netatmo Plugin Error - plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

That error should be trapped and reported. But, the plugin should not restart.

Posted on
Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:37 am
rvarela offline

Hi,

I am getting a 24 hs total variable value that does not agree with a calculated value obtained when adding up the values reported during the last 24 hs. My total 24 hs value is now 0.1 mm, when in the last 24 hs I have readings of 2.1, 0.3, mm values. Is this a matter of the live data parameter (set to 60 min, should I change it to 1440?) or am I missing something?

Thanks four your help,

Ramiro

Posted on
Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:02 am
berkinet offline

rvarela wrote:
Hi,

I am getting a 24 hs total variable value that does not agree with a calculated value obtained when adding up the values reported during the last 24 hs. My total 24 hs value is now 0.1 mm, when in the last 24 hs I have readings of 2.1, 0.3, mm values. Is this a matter of the live data parameter (set to 60 min, should I change it to 1440?) or am I missing something?

The data reported by the plugin is exactly what is received from Netatmo. Other than optional unit conversion, there is no local data calculation or manipulation. Check with Netatmo, but I believe the 24 hour total refers to the previous day. - 00:01 to 00:00.

Posted on
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:56 am
rvarela offline

Understood. Thanks again.

Page 6 of 26 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26