Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:59 am
rvarela offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

It is not a crucial issue for me. It is nevertheless interesting to know about it. Thanks again.

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:13 pm
strudel offline

Just purchased a Netatmo Base Station, 2 x Indoor modules, outdoor module and a rain sensor. I run Indigo 6. I have tried installing 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 and get the same problems with both when trying to run the plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

The main error I get is " Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'"

I ran it on full debug and the output is below.

Oct 2, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
Enabling plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5"
Starting plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5" (pid 46391)
Netatmo Plugin Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5"
Netatmo Plugin Your plugin version, v0.5.5, is current.
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Netatmo Plugin Log level preferences are set to "Intense Debug".
Netatmo Plugin Plugin configuration re-loaded. Polling Netatmo's web server every 10 minutes with a 14 second timeout
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct readNetatmo
Netatmo Plugin Debug Found Netatmo device 'Downstairs' (Downstairs) for station:Downstairs
Netatmo Plugin Debug Added Netatmo device 'Downstairs' to update list
Netatmo Plugin Debug DONE: got here wth netatmoDict:{u'Downstairs': {u'Downstairs': <indigo.Device object at 0x7876470>}}
Netatmo Plugin Debug Queryng Netatmo station:Downstairs
Netatmo Plugin Debug Received Netatmo station authorization:<lnetatmo.ClientAuth instance at 0x785ae90>
Netatmo Plugin Debug Received Netatmo station data:<lnetatmo.DeviceList instance at 0x7873cd8>
Netatmo Plugin TTL set to:3600 seconds
Netatmo Plugin Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 207, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 97, in readNetatmo
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'

FWIW - I don't get errors until I try to add a device. When I enable the plugin without any devices I get the following:
Oct 2, 2014, 10:12:39 PM
Enabling plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5"
Starting plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5" (pid 46535)
Netatmo Plugin Plugin configuration re-loaded. Polling Netatmo's web server every 10 minutes with a 14 second timeout
Netatmo Plugin Debug DONE: got here wth netatmoDict:{}

Posted on
Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:37 am
berkinet offline

strudel wrote:
Just purchased a Netatmo Base Station, 2 x Indoor modules, outdoor module and a rain sensor. I run Indigo 6. I have tried installing 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 and get the same problems with both when trying to run the plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

The main error I get is " Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'"...

This is most likely a problem with your configuration. W\This should not matter, but, when you tried creating a device, did you create the base station as your first device? All I can suggest for the moment is to delete all the Netatmo devices, and also the plugin's prefs ( ../Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins/com.berkinet.Netatmo.indiPref ). Then try again. If that does not resolve the problem, I will probably need to look at your installation. But, let's try the steps above first.

Posted on
Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:09 am
strudel offline

Originally, I added the base station first and I got the error. I then tried adding all the devices in and got the error again.

I followed your instructions.

I deleted the devices
I stopped the server
I deleted the pref file
I deleted the plugin
I started the server
I added the plugin
I configured it
I added the base station and got the below

Oct 3, 2014, 1:05:44 AM
Installing and enabling plugin "Netatmo Plugin" v0.5.5
Loading plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5"
Starting plugin "Netatmo Plugin 0.5.5" (pid 50880)
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin config is missing user credentials.

Oct 3, 2014, 1:06:12 AM
Netatmo Plugin Plugin configuration re-loaded. Polling Netatmo's web server every 10 minutes with a 8 second timeout

Oct 3, 2014, 1:06:30 AM
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct closedDeviceConfigUi

Oct 3, 2014, 1:06:47 AM
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct validateDeviceConfigUi
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct closedDeviceConfigUi
Netatmo Plugin Netatmo device configuration changed. Polling Netatmo's web server for an update
Netatmo Plugin Error Skipping Indigo device 'Indoor'. Configuration not yet completed.
Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct closedPrefsConfigUi
Netatmo Plugin Plugin configuration re-loaded. Polling Netatmo's web server every 10 minutes with a 8 second timeout
Netatmo Plugin Debug Found Netatmo device 'Indoor' (Indoor) for station:Indoor
Netatmo Plugin Debug Added Netatmo device 'Indoor' to update list
Netatmo Plugin Debug DONE: got here wth netatmoDict:{u'Indoor': {u'Indoor': <indigo.Device object at 0x795f630>}}
Netatmo Plugin Debug Queryng Netatmo station:Indoor
Netatmo Plugin Debug Received Netatmo station authorization:<lnetatmo.ClientAuth instance at 0x79a5fd0>
Netatmo Plugin Debug Received Netatmo station data:<lnetatmo.DeviceList instance at 0x7990968>
Netatmo Plugin TTL set to:3600 seconds
Netatmo Plugin Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 207, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "plugin.py", line 97, in readNetatmo
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'

This is a brand new install of Indigo. I haven't done much to it. We moved houses and I am starting this server from scratch.

Posted on
Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14 am
berkinet offline

strudel wrote:
Originally, I added the base station first and I got the error. ...
    Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin config is missing user credentials

The error noted above indicated the plugin was not properly configured. Did you select: Plugins -> Netatmo Plugin -> Configure... and enter the user name and password? I assume you did, since you set the debug level. However, the plugin is, for some reason, reporting that the userid is missing.

Posted on
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:56 am
strudel offline

Yes, I set the user name and password to the same that I am using for the iOS client and their website. My email address (user name) is very short (7 characters including @ & .).

Posted on
Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:10 pm
berkinet offline

strudel wrote:
Yes, I set the user name and password to the same that I am using for the iOS client and their website. My email address (user name) is very short (7 characters including @ & .).

There is clear;y something wrong. The plugin error message is specifically tied to the presence of the Netatmo userid in the prefs file. Can you open the prefs file ( ../Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins/com.berkinet.Netatmo.indiPref ) in TextEdit, or any editor you like, and PM the contents to me. Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 am
strudel offline

I copied it and PMed it. I changed my password on my account and the new password is reflected in the config I sent you. Feel free to test on your end to see if this is specific to my account or my Indigo instance... Thanks for your speeds response on all of this.

Posted on
Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:34 am
berkinet offline

strudel wrote:
I copied it and PMed it. I changed my password on my account and the new password is reflected in the config I sent you. Feel free to test on your end to see if this is specific to my account or my Indigo instance... Thanks for your speeds response on all of this.

I used your credentials to configure the plugin on my system, and I was able to connect. I did not create devices to match your device names, so I do not have a complete end-to-end test. However, I suspect there might be problem in the device configuration on your system. Did you use exactly the same, case-sensitive, Netatmo Station Name and Module Name in the device configuration dialog that you used on the Netatmo web site? I am referring to the information you enter after clicking Edit Device Settings..., not the Indigo device name, that can be whatever you like.

Check that out, and if you still have problems I will go ahead and create devices to match your devices and see what I get.

Posted on
Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:38 pm
strudel offline

I used the exact same name (case sensitive) in each possible location. The Netatmo website, the station name, device name and module name are all the same. I have tried it just for the base and have tried it with all the devices. I don't get any errors until I actually add a device. Feel free to use my account.

Posted on
Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 am
berkinet offline

strudel wrote:
I used the exact same name (case sensitive) in each possible location. The Netatmo website, the station name, device name and module name are all the same. I have tried it just for the base and have tried it with all the devices. I don't get any errors until I actually add a device. Feel free to use my account.

I used your credentials and it works.
ss1.png
View from the Netatmo web page
ss1.png (99.95 KiB) Viewed 4843 times

ss2.png
Indigo device display
ss2.png (40.61 KiB) Viewed 4843 times

I did find a bug in the plugin code, but that should not have affected your situation... the plugin still recognized devices with communications that had been disabled. I have fixed that in v0.5.6, available on dropbox.

You can try the update, though I am not sure why it would make a difference. If you are still having problems, we should schedule a time, via PM, when I can take a look at your configuration.

Posted on
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:21 am
strudel offline

Update: I installed the update (thank you berkinet) and that did not resolve my issue. Talking with berkinet further it turns out that my Station Name was entered incorrectly. I mistakenly correlated that back to Module name and did not realize that the Station Name was the same for all my Modules and that was the first thing I entered in when I created my account. So to be clear, the Station Name is the name that you give when you first sign up that represents your collection of modules. I kept thinking modules as stations since they are mini-weather stations.

Thanks berkinet

Posted on
Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:25 pm
AndrewGWalsh offline

Hello all, I am experiencing a problem with my Netatmo setup on Indigo and am guessing it is configuration because no one else is reporting difficulties.

I am getting:

Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct runConcurrantThread
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

in the log file every few seconds - does anyone know what this might relate to. I've tried re-installing and my web based Netamo login seems ok; I've also tried editing and saving the settings for each device.

I am reasonably sure that I haven't changed anything recently...

Andrew

Posted on
Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:40 pm
berkinet offline

AndrewGWalsh wrote:
Hello all, I am experiencing a problem with my Netatmo setup on Indigo and am guessing it is configuration because no one else is reporting difficulties.

I am getting:

Netatmo Plugin Debug Entered: Funct runConcurrantThread
Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

in the log file every few seconds - does anyone know what this might relate to. I've tried re-installing and my web based Netamo login seems ok; ...

I'd suggest verifying you have the correct credentials in the plugin config, and then double-check the Netatmo Station and device names for each Indigo device - pay particular attention to upper and lower case. Note also, as @strudel recently reported, make sure you are using the Netatmo Station name in the Indigo device settings.

If, after doing all of the above, you still have problems, please set the plugin to Intense Debugging mode and post the results up to the point where you get Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = HTTP Error 400: Bad Request error.

Posted on
Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:38 pm
AndrewGWalsh offline

It is official, I'm an idiot. I changed my login id on the Netatmo website a while back and forgot to update the Netatmo config....

Sorry...

Andrew

Page 8 of 26 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26