Netatmo plugin discussion

Posted on
Sat May 31, 2014 3:25 am
berkinet offline

Re: Netatmo plugin discussion

Well, I do have some good news. I just re-checked github and philippelt posted an update last week. I am looking at it right now to see how hard it will be to get it running under P2.5. Once I get that done, then I can see what I can do about the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:42 am
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
Well, I do have some good news. I just re-checked github and philippelt posted an update last week. I am looking at it right now to see how hard it will be to get it running under P2.5. Once I get that done, then I can see what I can do about the plugin.

Progress (finally). I have philippelt's running in Python 2.5 and updating the original Indoor, Outdoor and additional modules. But, the rain gauge is not yet working. Also, because of a change in the way the data is queried, I need to make some changes in the plugin code. There will also be a change in the name of some of the states to follow Netatmo's naming standard (and make plugin maintenance easier). You should just need to redefine your existing Indigo Netatmo devices and restart the plugin. Once I get all of this running, I will put out a new beta. Maybe early this week.

Once I finish the repair work, it would be possible to have the plugin "self-discover" all Netatmo devices attached to an account and automatically build Indigo devices for them. However, I am not sure this is really the way to go. Any thoughts on this approach would be appreciated.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:40 am
gbiski offline

Berkinet hello,

Thanks a lot for your effort and your time spent for all of us.

For the self discovery feature I think that you will spent effort for something with a small added value. I bieleve most of us finally we will rename the devices and If we add a new module the easiest think to do is to run the plugin and add and name the new one.

Thanks
George

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:38 am
nicb offline

Regarding the auto discovery, I think it is overkill and likely to cause unnecessary complications.

I have two Netatmo units and would only want one set of Netatmo devices (inc rain gauge when it ships) to work with Indigo. I'm sure I could disable/delete/ignore the other set of devices from the other unit, but it just seems to introduce potential for bugs (in the plugin and in my Indigo logic).

Finally my experience with the 'atmobar' (from the App Store) dealing with multiple Netatmo units hasn’t been been good. Additional modules it handles (now) but it initially had problems with me having multiple units on a single account. That is fixed, but I can still only access the first unit in my account, not the second. I realize this has nothing to do with you, but the difficulty that developer has had suggests to me that its hard, making it complicated and the auto-discovery functionality is just a 'nice to have'.

These are my thoughts.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:10 am
berkinet offline

New beta available

Version 0.5.0 of the Indigo Netatmo plugin is now available from dropbox.

NOTE WELL: This is very beta, maybe alpha. Also known as IWHFM* ware

What does work:
• Station device measurements are, once again, loaded into Indigo.
• The Rain Guage is supported
• Multiple Stations should work. But, it has not been tested (If you have more than one station, please test and let me know)

What does not seem to work:
• Wi-Fi status on the base station is not being updated

What you need to do to get this working, and use it in Indigo:
• Install and start the plugin
• Re-define all of your Indigo Netatmo devices (open, Edit, save and close)
• Restart the plugin
• If you use any of the states in Indigo triggers, scripts, actions or Control Pages you may need to make a few changes.
  • Co2 is now CO2
  • Last_Observation is now When (this will probably change back at some point)
  • RF_Signal is now rf_status
  • Battery_Level is now battery_vp
-- In other words, all states now match the Netatmo API terminology

New states have been added , as appropriate, to conform with the data available from Netatmo:
• max_temp
• date_max_temp
• min_temp
• date_min_temp
• AbsolutePressure
• sum_rain_1
• sum_rain_24
• Rain

* It Works Here For Me

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:28 am
Seeker offline

I just installed on top of the old one. I'm seeing...

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = u'Rain gauge'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 am
berkinet offline

Seeker wrote:
I just installed on top of the old one. I'm seeing...

Netatmo Plugin Error Plugin stopping. Reason = u'Rain gauge'
Netatmo Plugin Stopping Netatmo device read loop
Netatmo Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Make sure the rain gauge name in the device Config exactly matched the name you gave it on Netatmo. Redefine it, save and restart the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 am
Seeker offline

thanks. i need to learn how to spell 'gauge'.

My indoor/outdoor modules (still set up from prior install) are showing C, not F. config was set to F. I toggled/saved/reloaded and they are still showing C.

also see this:
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key When not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key CO2 not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key AbsolutePressure not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key date_max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key date_min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:49 am
nicb offline

So far, so good.

I have redefined the devices and had to restart the plugin following that redefinition (per the instructions above). But once done and triggers updated to the new naming it seems to be working.

I do have a second base station, which was not previously defined and have managed to define that just fine and the indoor and outdoor units are reporting temperature. I will play with them more.

I do not have a rain guage (though have two on order) so can't test, though I am not seeing any errors in the log.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:18 am
autolog offline

v0.5.0 is working well for me with one internal and one external module.

Thanks for all your efforts updating your plugin :D

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:52 am
Seeker offline

all log errors are gone after following directions.

But I still cannot get my indoor or outdoor to read in F. I even created new modules for each and they still show C.

toggled/saved settings to C, restarted plugin, toggled/saved back to F, restarted.

berkinet, thanks so much for your work on this plugin!

interesting discussion on the netatmo vera plugin with rain gauge.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/ ... #msg178491

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 am
berkinet offline

Seeker wrote:
thanks. i need to learn how to spell 'gauge'.

My indoor/outdoor modules (still set up from prior install) are showing C, not F. config was set to F. I toggled/saved/reloaded and they are still showing C.

also see this:
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key When not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key CO2 not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key AbsolutePressure not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key date_max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key date_min_temp not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "netatmo indoor" state key max_temp not defined (ignoring update request)

C to F conversion is not working. Sorry. I forgot to document that. I'll get it done tonight or tomorrow.

The other errors are caused because it looks like you didn't re-define the device in Indigo. You must open the edit Device window, and then save, and finally restart the plugin.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:02 pm
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
...C to F conversion is not working... ...I'll get it done tonight or tomorrow....

I have placed the Netatmo Plugin beta 0.5.1 on dropbox. This update restores metric unit conversion for temperature and pressure and adds support for Rainfall (mm to inch). Error reporting is also improved for cases where the Netatmo device has no matching Indigo device. The error is now properly trapped and logged and the plugin will not restart.

BTW, the changes I have made reversed the way the old plugin did updates. Previously a list of Indigo Netatmo devices was created and then for each device in that list a query was made via the Netatmo API. Now, it is reversed. All Netatmo devices attached to an account are queried (one request) and then matching (enabled) Indigo devices are updated. While this change is more efficient, it also creates a small problem if (for some reason) you have a Netatmo unit for which you do not want to have a matching Indigo device. Now, if you do that you will get errors on every update. Short term fix: just create an Indigo device and disenable it. Long term, I may add a config option to report or ignore these errors.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:37 pm
nicb offline

Thanks so much for this. Looking forward to having my Indigo/Netatmo integration working again.

BTW the Dropbox link is broken. [Now fixed]
Last edited by nicb on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:00 pm
berkinet offline

nicb wrote:
...BTW the Dropbox link is broken. Editing the URL to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50307533/Netatmo.indigoPlugin-0-5-1.zip works.
Thanks for catching that. It looks like Bitly won't let me update a link, I have to delete it and replace it. :evil: It's fixed now, but the link you posted is just as good.

Page 5 of 26 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26