Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 4:45 am
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

I had no idea the the digital inits broadcast their state change.. You make this so easy to do Berkinet. and thanks.for your comments Blaine.

Regarding the frequency counter, I still want to use it since I am choosing a wind speed that generates a signal with 2 magnetic induction reed switches/
Thus there will be an Ac voltage generated with a frequency proportional the rpms of the generator. Berkinet, is the the Phidget plug is compatible with the phidget frequency counter? it is a usb connection to the sbc3 that can generate a frequency value in Hz? I can see tat value in oh the control panel and hopefully create a device with it. If not there is more than one way to build the better mouse trap, i can convert the frequency to 1-5 output.

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 7:23 am
berkinet offline

landry wrote:
...Regarding the frequency counter, I still want to use it since I am choosing a wind speed that generates a signal with 2 magnetic induction reed switches/
Thus there will be an Ac voltage generated with a frequency proportional the rpms of the generator. Berkinet, is the the Phidget plug is compatible with the phidget frequency counter? it is a usb connection to the sbc3 that can generate a frequency value in Hz? I can see tat value in oh the control panel and hopefully create a device with it. If not there is more than one way to build the better mouse trap, i can convert the frequency to 1-5 output.
The frequency counter should work for your application. You need to create a Phidgets device for it and configure it for Zero Crossing. However, as far as I know, nobody has used the frequency counter in that mode. So, let me know if you run into any problems.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:48 pm
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Personal Weather Station

Hi Berkinet

Wow time passes when you are having fun. I finally constructed my weather station and I am having problem getting the phidgetsbc device on line in the plug in.

The only big difference from this weather station phidgetsbc device and my solar hot water phidgetsbc device is the solar hot water is ethernet and the weather station is wireless with static address bridged through a wireless node on my network. Also the weather station phidgetsbc has a spacial precision and and a frequency counter connected to the usb ports. I can run ether net to the roof if you think this is a a problem.

Double checked ip # and serial number of the device

The server running Indigo haste phidgets control panel installed and all ports are running fine.

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 am
berkinet offline

Re: Phidgets Personal Weather Station

landry wrote:
...the weather station is wireless with static address bridged through a wireless node on my network. Also the weather station phidgetsbc has a spacial precision and and a frequency counter connected to the usb ports. I can run ether net to the roof if you think this is a a problem....

I have observed problems when using the SBC over wireless and on the one wireless SBC I have installed I had to switch to wired. But, that does not sound like the problem you are facing here.

Can you describe what happens after you configure the plugin for the wireless SBC: Can you see the InterfaceKit or either of the other two Phidgets?

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:44 am
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion personal weather station

Hi Berkinet

Not sure what you mean by see, I have two devices one labeled SHWphidgetssbc3 (ethernet) and the other PWSphidgetsbc3 ( wireless).
When I toggle the plug in enable off and on the SHWphidgetsbc3 reconnects and the PWSphidgetsbc3 has a big red dot with offline.
Attachments
SensorsPNG2.png
SensorsPNG2.png (94.2 KiB) Viewed 4558 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:23 am
berkinet offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion personal weather station

landry wrote:
Hi Berkinet

Not sure what you mean by see, I have two devices one labeled SHWphidgetssbc3 (ethernet) and the other PWSphidgetsbc3 ( wireless).
When I toggle the plug in enable off and on the SHWphidgetsbc3 reconnects and the PWSphidgetsbc3 has a big red dot with offline.

What does the log show?

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 am
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Personal wether station

When I reload plug in

Phidgets Plugin Error interfaceKit: Wait for Attach time exceeded for device PWSphidgetsbc3
Phidgets Plugin Error interfaceKit: Will continue waiting for 15 minutes
Reloading plugin "Phidgets Plugin 0.6.7"
Stopping plugin "Phidgets Plugin 0.6.7" (pid 4512)
Phidgets Plugin deviceStopComm: attempted to delete analog sensor SHWPhidget0SolarLoopInVin, but it had not yet been fully configured.
Stopped plugin "Phidgets Plugin 0.6.7"
Starting plugin "Phidgets Plugin 0.6.7" (pid 4819)
Phidgets Plugin Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Phidgets Plugin Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "Phidgets Plugin 0.6.7"
Phidgets Plugin Plugin Startup.
Phidgets Plugin Your plugin version, v0.6.7, is current.
Phidgets Plugin ifKit Error inferfaceKitAttached error '1378096693'
Phidgets Plugin ifKit Setup for InterfaceKit "SHWphidget2/2/2Interface" complete, device Available
Phidgets Plugin ifKit Setup for InterfaceKit "SHWphidgetsbc3" complete, device Available
Schedule SHW Variable Action Group
Action Group SHWSetVariableValues
Action Group SHWPhidgesbc3status
Schedule EZIOTestAnalogSched
Schedule EZIOTestAnalogSched (delayed action)
Action Group ezio2x4test_python
Script states dict is: States : (dict)
lastUpdate : 2018-08-14 06:37:56 (string)
onOffState : online (string)
lastUpdate : 2017-08-18 21:51:12 (string)
state : 69.2 (real)
temperature : 69.2 (real)
SensorValue : 413 (real)
state : 413 (real)
Received INSTEON "Breezeway Thermostat" temperature changed to 75.0
SensorValue : 400 (real)
state : 400 (real)
SensorValue : 379 (real)
state : 379 (real)
SensorValue : 315 (real)
state : 315 (real)
SensorValue : 342 (real)
state : 342 (real)
SensorValue : 651 (real)
state : 651 (real)
SensorValue : 450 (real)
state : 450 (real)
SensorValue : 2 (real)
state : 2 (real)

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 am
landry offline

I noticed in the log for the SHWphidgetssbc3 the connected usb 2/2/2 loads before the sbc.

In the PWSphidgetsbc3 ther are two usb connections, frequency and spatial which by the way i cannot find any selections in the plug in for use frequency.

If the usb is not configured in plug in would this cause a problem for the sbc8/8/8 coming on line

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 am
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Weather station.

Hey Berkinet

I can climb the roof and disconnect the two usb devices to see if the sbc will com on line.

I have noticed in an app i used called IP pro, that , when i scan my network the the name that that comes up for the connected SBC's is some times relabeled by what usb is connected... not sure why this app will get the devices name from the attached usb instead of the server name I gave it in the control panel...this does not happen all the time. Just an observation here.

I know your plug in and indigo are using serial numbers and IP number so this should not be a problem.

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 am
berkinet offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Weather station.

landry wrote:
...I can climb the roof and disconnect the two usb devices to see if the sbc will com on line....
Code: Select all
Phidgets Plugin Error interfaceKit: Wait for Attach time exceeded for device PWSphidgetsbc3
Phidgets Plugin Error interfaceKit: Will continue waiting for 15 minutes
Reloading plugin "Phidgets Plugin 0.6.7"

From the log I can see your SBC never attaches. That could easily be a communications problem. I'd try wired Ethernet.
Also, the current version of the plugin is 0.7.2 available from the plugin-store.

Posted on
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Personal Weather Station

I thin k so too Berkinet

I disconnected the USB spatial and frequency and it did not solve the problem.

I'll run a temp one to test however i would really like wireless to work I have 4 wireless nodes in the house and had no problems with the phidget control panel accessing my weather station during various stages of the build and design. I used use my server and two remote computers to work on the build and after placing the station on the roof ridge, I set a node ( express) very close to the station inside the house. Running a permanent wire would be going from one end of the house across a breezeway to the attached apartment ( not an exciting endeavor).

Have you ever tested the phidgetsbc with a wireless adapter supplied by phidgets?
Attachments
IMG_4362.JPG
IMG_4362.JPG (23.41 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
IMG_4362.JPG
IMG_4362.JPG (23.41 KiB) Viewed 4495 times

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 am
berkinet offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Personal Weather Station

landry wrote:
...Have you ever tested the phidgetsbc with a wireless adapter supplied by phidgets?

I am pretty sure Phidgets just resells someone else's adapter and it is generic. But, yes, I did run an SBC over Wi-Fi and it worked, sort of. It was not reliable and I ended up switching to a wired connection. My feeling is, If I have to run mains power to a device, I might as well run Ethernet.

Posted on
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:45 pm
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Weather Station

Hi Berkinet

I ran an ethernet cable and disconnected the wifi from the phidgetsbc. and rebooted it. t. Control panel tested out ok. Down load and installed latest phidget plug in . Re booted my server. Tried toggling enable and disable and the PWSphidgesbc3 does on connect, stays off line. My other abc SHWphidgetsbc3 goes off line and comes back on.

I do not think the problem is wireless ( I think thats good news for me) how ever has anything changed with phigetdsbc. I purchased them a year apart.
Are they using a different port for communication?

Posted on
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Weather Station

landry wrote:
... has anything changed with phigetdsbc. I purchased them a year apart.
Are they using a different port for communication?

DOH! Yes, I suspect I know what the problem is. Phidgets now has 2 versions of the Phidgets libraries, v21 and v22. On older SBCs Phidgets21 was installed and turned on by default. However, I think on newer SBC3's only the Phidgets22 libs are enables by default. The Phidgets plugin only works with the Phidgets21 libs. You can run both libs simultaneously if you want, but unless you really need the Phidgets2 libs, I'd disable them.

Here is what you need to do...
  1. In a browser, connect to the SBC and login
  2. Click the system menu item
  3. Click the Packages sub-menu
  4. Under the heading Upgradable Packages check to see if libphidget21-0 and phidgetwebservice are installed
  5. If they are not installed, Click Refresh Available Packages, then click Upgrade all Packages, then under Installable Packages, click Install Phidget21 Webservice
  6. Click the Phidgets menu item
  7. Click the phidget21 Web service sub-menu
  8. Click the Enabled radio button
    If you want to disable the phdgets22 libraries, do the following steps
  9. Click the phidget22 Network Server sub-menu
  10. Under Phidget Network Server click the Disabled radio button
  11. Make sure the Phidget Server Settings and Webserver Settings are also disabled
  12. Under Phidget Dictionaries click the Disabled radio button
  13. Click Save Changes
  14. Probably not a bad idea to reboot and check everything again, but that is not required.
Let me know if this works.

Posted on
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:26 pm
landry offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion Weather station

Hi Bikinet

I usually upgrade all packages upon set up.

I finally solved the problem ..it may have been me not sure

I compared al settings between the two phidget sbcs and saw one discrepancy:

The fix:
Logged on to sbc to the PhidgetsSBCConfiguration page and selected the Phidgets tab.
Selected the phidget21 Webservice tab.
Removed password. ( I swear i did not put this password in; only entered a system log in password upon initial set up.)
saved and rebooted sbc.
Toggled enablel off and on , the new sbc went online!

Regarding the phidget22 Network Server. I usually keep it active since communicates through a different port: 5661.
Access by web with following format id IP#:5661. For example 10.0.0.9:5661.

Again I do not remember setting up phidet21 Webservice with a password...my bad if i did.

So Berkinet I have a pressure sensor with no selection in the plug in menu. I see you have generic voltage with formula.
Can you give me an example of a formula, for examlpe if i want to take the (voltage x A +B) 10 How do I write that formula in the bank field.
Do I just enter (XA+B)10. A and B aret constants that I will put the value in upon entry.

Thanks for any inout here

Sorry for my bad...but I know wireless works!!

Page 30 of 39 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39