Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Posted on
Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:14 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

zabazoom wrote:
Hi
Any thoughts about adding a 0999d? I use some LM-34 temp sensors that the voltage value is the one I need, but 60 degrees is output as .60 so I need to multiply by 100. Not hard to do in my head but it would be nice to be able to set in a formula before stuffing it into a variable. So a 0999d that used voltage would be handy.

Have you looked at the 0999c? I think it will do exactly what you want. Look in the Phidgets Announcement thread for more information on creating formulas for the 0999c.

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:53 am
zabazoom offline

Hi
For the new 0999c sensor type you may add your own custom formula. If no formula is entered the formula defaults to the reported sensor output: 0 - 1000.
so it looks like the formula works on type 0999b data , but I need it to work on 0999a. Unless I am missing something.
Is this something that is defined in the Phidgets library and not of your doing?

-Ja

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:34 am
berkinet offline

zabazoom wrote:
Hi
For the new 0999c sensor type you may add your own custom formula. If no formula is entered the formula defaults to the reported sensor output: 0 - 1000.
so it looks like the formula works on type 0999b data , but I need it to work on 0999a.

Remember, the 0-1000 value is proportional to the 0-5vdc input value.

So...
1000 = 5v = 500°
And
200 = 1v = 100°
And
120 = 0.6v = 60°
So, just divide the reported value by 2 and you have your temperature..
The formula would be x/2
For best accuracy, I think you want to set your 8/8/8 as Ratiometric. But, you can test both ways to see which gives you more accuracy.

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 pm
zabazoom offline

again Duh, it worked like a champ thanks

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 pm
midd offline

speaking of formulas, a year ago I had asked berkinet to help me with a formula to use with my vegetronix soil moisture sensors. It was all greek to me and I had just let it be to just provide the voltage reading of the sensors.

I wanted to take the voltage reading and convert it to a simple 1-10 scale, 10 being the wettest, 1 being the driest.

Today was a slow day at work so I revisited our messages that we sent each other. And it kind of made better sense to me
I used his example x/600. 600 is proportional to 3 volts which is the voltage of the Sensor. (The highest voltage reading by a 0999c sensor is 5 volts, or 1000)

But it didn't quite give me what I needed. So I started to play around a bit.

I discovered that the formula can only be one line. So I simplified it. (I tend to overthink things at times. )

So I came up with this for my formula: x*10/600.

So it takes the actual reading from the sensor (x) multiplies it by 10 and then divides by 600. So from that I get a reading of 1-10.

It was so simple that it took me a year to figure out! LOL

Thanks berkinet!

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 am
berkinet offline

midd wrote:
... So it takes the actual reading from the sensor (x) multiplies it by 10 and then divides by 600. So from that I get a reading of 1-10.
It was so simple that it took me a year to figure out! LOL...

Patience is a virtue ;-) Thanks for sharing your experience, and success.

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:45 pm
midd offline

I'm having the very same issue as tjm000 had. My phidgets went offline a few days ago as I noted my devices were not updating. After disabling, reloading and enabling the plugin, I deleted the interface kit from indigo. I went into the system preferences and ensure the Web services is turned on. Once I create the new interface kit, it defaults to being offline. When I go back to system preferences, Web services has stopped again.

I reinstalled the Phidgets software and the Web Service now remains on but my Phiidgets board is still offline in Indigo. I have noticed that the Phidgets board no longer appears in the Bonjour Tab.

Is it possible the board has died? I tried swapping usb cables and get the same results.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3 and Indigo 6.1.1.

tjm000 wrote:
Well, after much experimentation I think I found out what the issue was (is). In some of my looking around at the various options available to use (both in your plugin and the Phidget panel), I had turned off the Web Service in the Phidgets panel in the System Preferences. I figured that since I had a USB connection to my local MacMini that I did not need to turn on the Web Service. But after turning back on the Web Service and recreating all of my Phidget devices, they are now online and working again. I'm speculating that you assume that the Web Service must be turned on in your Phidget plugin startup?

Tim

Posted on
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:00 am
berkinet offline

midd wrote:
... I have noticed that the Phidgets board no longer appears in the Bonjour Tab.

Is it possible the board has died? I tried swapping usb cables and get the same results...]

It is possible your board is bad. But, I suspect the problem lies in your accessing the board via the listing in the System Preferences -> Phidgets app General pane. Opening a Phidget device that way uses a direct USB connection and locks the Phidget out from any other use, including the web service. Make sure you do not have any open devices and then try starting the web service.

Note, it is possible, but strongly discouraged, to access a Phidget from the plugin using USB. But, you must select USB in the device configuration when you create the device. The problem with USB access, as noted above, is that any app connecting to the Phidget using USB has exclusive control and no other apps can access the device.

Posted on
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 am
midd offline

There is nothing listed on the General Tab in the Preferences Pane. Just mentions the Library information: Phidget21 version 2.1.8

Posted on
Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 am
berkinet offline

midd wrote:
There is nothing listed on the General Tab in the Preferences Pane. Just mentions the Library information: Phidget21 version 2.1.8

If the Phidget does not appear in the General tab, then it is not being seen by the Mac. Check with Phidgets tech support to determine the cause of the problem.

Posted on
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 pm
midd offline

I picked up another 1018 board. Everything is working again.

berkinet wrote:
midd wrote:

If the Phidget does not appear in the General tab, then it is not being seen by the Mac. Check with Phidgets tech support to determine the cause of the problem.

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:21 pm
berkinet offline

midd wrote:
I picked up another 1018 board. Everything is working again....

Glad to hear you got the problem resolved.

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 am
4billl offline

Two questions:
Is there an "easy " way to reintroduce an SBC to Indigo? I have 3 out of 6 1073 SBCs that are no longer controlled. I can see them using Mac Preferences and I can log into them using their assigned IPs. But Indigo just shows them as offline. I tried stopping/starting Indigo, complete shutdown/ restart, and powering off/on the SBCs. I can see no differences in the setups (via logging into the IPs) between the offline boards and the ones that are online.

2nd question: The 6th board seems to have failed. Can't find it using Mac Preferences or IP. Is there a simple way to replace it in Indigo? Or do I have to completely delete it and all its interfaces and start from scratch? :(

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:28 am
berkinet offline

4billl wrote:
Two questions:
Is there an "easy " way to reintroduce an SBC to Indigo? I have 3 out of 6 1073 SBCs that are no longer controlled. I can see them using Mac Preferences and I can log into them using their assigned IPs. But Indigo just shows them as offline. I tried stopping/starting Indigo, complete shutdown/ restart, and powering off/on the SBCs. I can see no differences in the setups (via logging into the IPs) between the offline boards and the ones that are online.

2nd question: The 6th board seems to have failed. Can't find it using Mac Preferences or IP. Is there a simple way to replace it in Indigo? Or do I have to completely delete it and all its interfaces and start from scratch? :(

Unfortunately :oops: :oops: recovery from lost devices is not done well in this plugin (it is a very complex set of modules). You can try disabling communications to the InterfaceKit device, go over it's config, and re-enable communications. But, the only sure method is to delete the InterfaceKit, and all it's sensor, and then recreate them.

BTW, while the plugin lists an InterfaceKit" called the SBC, it is actually the same internal code as the 1018. That is to say, there is no difference between the InterfaceKit that is part of the SBC and, say, a 108 hung on a Mac (or Raspberry-Pi, etc.) running the Phidgets web-service.

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm
Otis offline

I can usually reconnect devices just by disabling and then reenabling the Phidgets plugin.

Also, I just replaced a lightning-damaged SBC2 with an SBC3. The digital outputs and analog inputs work fine, but the digital inputs are not being updated. Any ideas?

Page 22 of 39 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39