ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm
berkinet offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

hensed wrote:
Thank you a million for you help on this so far.

I have created a new test DB, started all services. I started by adding a virtual zone first, but got this message on creation:
[code] AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:...

I doubt it is your M1. You might still have an old ad2usb preference file hanging around. Try removing the ad2usb preference file from /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2021.1/Preferences/Plugins and then doing the reinstall. BTW, you have to install the panel interface first. Unfortunately, I do not currently have access to a machine with the ad2usb plugin on it (long story). But, before you add the virtual zone, try getting 1 real zone working.

Posted on
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:29 pm
hensed offline

Got it! I'm on it. will hit all these points and let you know how it goes. Thanks Berkinet! Your next Zackary's pizza is on me ;)

Posted on
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:39 pm
hensed offline

So did a complete reset. new db, dumped all app and plugin prefs, re-created all devices again and everything works well except for virtual zones, still. The v20p panel faults/clears them correctly, which I guess is the most important. But that same error is still haunting me for every virtual zone. And when I create a vzone, it won't even show a state in the device list state column, no green dot... nothin.

The only thing that I would say was odd about re-doing the setup; on the configuration read, it said that my keypad address was "A". which was weird cuz I thought it was supposed to be 18, so I changed it. That's really the only thing I saw that stuck out. This is my second house using your plugin, my first house is still going strong after almost decade, so I know this is some stupid mistake I made in my alarm setup, just can't figure out what it is.

For every fault/clear trigger:
Code: Select all
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 430, in virtZoneManage
KeyError: key vZonePartitionNumber not found in dict

Posted on
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 pm
berkinet offline

hensed wrote:
For every fault/clear trigger:
Code: Select all
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 430, in virtZoneManage
KeyError: key vZonePartitionNumber not found in dict

I will be back in the US next month and will finally be able to access my ad2usb connected system. hang on a little longer :wink: