ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 pm
hamw offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

I did, thanks. I made my own buttons on a control page, and execute the built-in executables from there. That all works fine from my control; my issue is having lost the ser2sock interface for some reason. Anyway it works fine over USB, so no issue at this point.

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:21 pm
mattyf offline

Sometimes my pi stops working and then Indigo just doesn't do the things I'm expecting it to do. Is there some way to check for connection errors between the indigo plugin and the pi, so I can get a notification of issues proactively?

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am
berkinet offline

mattyf wrote:
Sometimes my pi stops working and then Indigo just doesn't do the things I'm expecting it to do. Is there some way to check for connection errors between the indigo plugin and the pi, so I can get a notification of issues proactively?

You might...
  • Make sure the Pi is completely up-to-date on all the Linux libs
  • Setup a background task in Indigo to regularly ping the Pi -- if it is really non-responsive
  • If you have regular updates from your alarm system, setup a trigger for any change in the keypad and use the to update a time stamp in a variable. Then use another trigger to see if the variable gets too old
  • Replace the Pi

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:07 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I am getting a new error I have not seen before. Any suggestions?

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 733
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0fc'

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude