Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Posted on
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am
midd offline

Re: Phidgets Plugin Discussion

Just finally trying to figure out why Indigo can no longer see my phidget boards. I have two boards and neither f them are connecting in Indigo and yes I have changed the serial number in the configuration setting

It is clearly visible in the Bonjour tab of the preference pane.

I have deleted everything out of indigo. I have even removed the plugin, downgraded the plug in to no avail. I'm back at the most recent version 0.7.4 with the same results. When I attempt to add the interface kit I'm still getting the same errors:

Code: Select all
Phidgets Plugin ifKit           IfKit thread run() opened the Phidget device new device
   Phidgets Plugin                 deviceStartComm: Added type:ifKit, name:new device, serial:407470
   Phidgets Plugin                 exiting deviceStartComm with:[<_MainThread(MainThread, started 140735900545920)>, <ifkit(Thread-2, started 123145324974080)>]
   Phidgets Plugin Error           interfaceKit: Could not attach to device new device. It has been set to offline
   Phidgets Plugin                 Entering didDeviceCommPropertyChange for device: new device (1459536840 - ifKit)
   Phidgets Plugin                 didDeviceCommPropertyChange: No plugin property changes for: ifKit new device

So the phidget board appears as offline in my devices window in indigo. I can go into the setting and when I select ifKit Config I get this:

Code: Select all
  Phidgets Plugin                 readIfKitConfig typeId:
ifKit
   Phidgets Plugin                 readIfKitConfig devId:
   Phidgets Plugin                 No existing ifkit found. Creating new ifkit
   Phidgets Plugin                 Opening ifkit....
   Phidgets Plugin                 calling openRemoteIP (ip=127.0.0.1 , port=5001)
   Phidgets Plugin                 calling openRemoteIP completed (ip=127.0.0.1 , port=5001)
   Phidgets                        pre waitForAttach (ip=127.0.0.1 , port=5001)
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.Phidgets for request UiAction
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for GetUiDynamicList)
   Phidgets                        Execption raised on waitForAttach (ip=127.0.0.1 , port=5001)
   Phidgets Plugin Error           Phidget Exception b (ip=127.0.0.1 , port=5001) 13: Given timeout has been exceeded.
   Phidgets Plugin Error           Phidget Exception d (ip=127.0.0.1 , port=5001) 5: Phidget not physically attached.
   Phidgets                        Sensors:0, inputs:0, outputs:0
   Phidgets Plugin                 New ifkit closed
   Phidgets Plugin                 ifkit read was successful
   Phidgets Plugin                 readIfKitConfig valuesDict returned: UiValuesDict : (dict)

Just a note that it ran fine on Mac OS 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). It has not worked since I upgraded to High Sierra,

Indigo 7, High Sierra , on a dedicated 2011 Mac Mini Server.

Posted on
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 am
berkinet offline

midd wrote:
Just finally trying to figure out why Indigo can no longer see my phidget boards. I have two boards and neither f them are connecting in Indigo and yes I have changed the serial number in the configuration setting ...,

First off, I would make sure your Phidgets21 libs and the Preference pane code are up to date. The type of error you report often happens with mismatched client and server versions. Perhaps when you upgraded your MacOS, only one part of the Phidgets release was updated. Also, make sure nothing else has the IfKit open through the USB port. Even having the IfKit pref pane open on IfKit listing in the General tab would block it from Indigo.

If you have another computer you can install the IfKit on, just for test purposes, I would suggest trying that as well.

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 pm
midd offline

Success!!! Reinstalled Phidgets 2.1.9 Library. Did a reboot and it's back online. Thanks!

Indigo 7, High Sierra , on a dedicated 2011 Mac Mini Server.