Question on captured data and its display?

Posted on
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Question on captured data and its display?

norcoscia wrote:
I'm still being this and having problems with data missing from my charts - can you tell me what it means?

Error client connection ID (CFBundleIdentifier) not unique: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib

Hi Norm - it sounds like you somehow have two copies of the plugin trying to load. Please stop your Indigo server and look in these two folders:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins (Disabled)
You should find the file 'matplotlib.indigoPlugin' in only one of those places. I'm guessing you'll find one copy in each place or two copies in one of the folders. Delete one of the files and then restart the server. You may want to check to ensure that whichever one you're left with is the same version that's in the Indigo plugin store (or the latest build on GitHub which should be stable.) This assumes that you're on version 7.2 (adjust the Indigo version in the path as needed.)

If you're game, you can look inside the plugin bundle by control-clicking the file and selecting Show Package Contents. Browse to the info.plist file, select it and press the space bar to Quick View it. In the plist file, you'll see a tag for the Plugin Version. If both files don't have the same version number, keep the one with the higher number.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 am
norcoscia offline

I checked - only one copy of the file in the active plug-in folder - version in file matches the version I'm running - this may be something to do with me moving to a new computer last week but I can not be sure since I updated the plug-in too :-(

Help!
Attachments
2019-04-10_05-56-30.jpeg
2019-04-10_05-56-30.jpeg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 3408 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 am
DaveL17 offline

Hmm. I believe that this error message:
Error client connection ID (CFBundleIdentifier) not unique: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
Means that Indigo sees two plugins with the same Bundle Identifier.

When you say you had only one in the Active folder, does that mean that you don't have another one in the Disabled folder?

When you look at a list of files in the folder, do you also see hidden files? This is a long shot, but there could be a hidden copy of the plugin (starting with a dot, like .matplotlib.indigoPlugin).

Otherwise, try these steps.
Disable all plugins
Stop the Indigo server
Exit the Indigo client
Restart the Indigo server.

I don't see how a single copy of the plugin could possible cause that error to occur.

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 am
norcoscia offline

Sorry, I should have mentioned that there was not one in the disabled folder either. I also checked both locations for hidden files - there are some hidden files but none of them are matplotlib.

I tried this:

Disable all plugins
Stop the Indigo server
Exit the Indigo client

I did not see anything weird happen during the process - guess I'll just keep watching it - I did notice when something does happen I don't collect any data in my CVS files. I start to see flat lines on graphs. Maybe somehow it is crashing and then somehow not fully closing out - then, when it tries to reload it thinks it sees two copies -just guessing - I have no idea what is really happening :-(

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 am
DaveL17 offline

Please try these steps:

Make sure that the Matplotlib Plugin is disabled.
Exit the Indigo Server
Exit the Indigo Client
Delete the matplotlib.indigoPlugin file.

Make sure that the server is staring without errors. If the server is starting without errors, reinstall the Matplotlib plugin using the link in the Indigo Plugin Store.

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 am
norcoscia offline

On shutdown the only error I see is is in the picture below - on start up I see the error in the first pict?

I'll try re-downloading and installing now
Attachments
2019-04-10_08-07-50.jpeg
2019-04-10_08-07-50.jpeg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
2019-04-10_08-06-49.jpeg
2019-04-10_08-06-49.jpeg (25.07 KiB) Viewed 3392 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:27 am
DaveL17 offline

I think something is borked with your server. I would suggest re-running the Indigo installer which can fix a lot of permission issues and that might set you right.

The error you posted notes HomeBridge, so there's surely something bigger going on.

Posted on
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:07 am
norcoscia offline

OK, thanks, I'll try that - I re-installed HomeBridge and that seemed to fix that error - hope the indigo re-install fixes the other error.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:09 am
norcoscia offline

Sigh, same problem with.8.01 - it will run fine for a few days then I notice the charts are not updating - I try to reload and get the error below. I would hate to trash all my charts and start over since it is hard to get a printout of what and how everything is configured. Setting it back up the same way would be very hard without the details of all the hidden settings....
Attachments
2019-04-14_05-51-51.jpeg
2019-04-14_05-51-51.jpeg (37.81 KiB) Viewed 3341 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:34 am
DaveL17 offline

Hi Norm - please reload the plugin and post the log output that's written when the plugin first starts. It looks like this:

Matplotlib                      =================================================== Initializing New Plugin Session ===================================================
   Matplotlib                      Plugin name:                    Matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Plugin version:                 0.8.01
   Matplotlib                      Plugin ID:                      com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Indigo version:                 7.3.0
   Matplotlib                      Python version:                 2.7.10 (default, Feb 22 2019, 21:17:52) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.37.14)]
   Matplotlib                      Mac OS Version:                 10.14.4
   Matplotlib                      Process ID:                     65016
   Matplotlib                      =======================================================================================================================================
   Matplotlib                     
   Matplotlib                      ======================================================= Matplotlib Environment ========================================================
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib version:             1.3.1
   Matplotlib                      Numpy version:                  1.8.0rc1
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib RC Path:             /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/matplotlib.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/matplotlibrc
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib Plugin log location: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Number of Chart Devices:        32
   Matplotlib                      Number of CSV Engine Devices:   1
   Matplotlib                      =======================================================================================================================================

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:31 am
norcoscia offline

Once it is reloaded it seems / runs fine for a few days, then for no reason it goes belly up :-(

Reloading plugin "Matplotlib 0.8.01"
   Stopping plugin "Matplotlib 0.8.01" (pid 42036)
   Stopped plugin "Matplotlib 0.8.01"
   Starting plugin "Matplotlib 0.8.01" (pid 42506)
   Matplotlib                     
   Matplotlib                      =================================================== Initializing New Plugin Session ===================================================
   Matplotlib                      Plugin name:                    Matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Plugin version:                 0.8.01
   Matplotlib                      Plugin ID:                      com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Indigo version:                 7.2.0
   Matplotlib                      Python version:                 2.7.10 (default, Feb 22 2019, 21:17:52) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.37.14)]
   Matplotlib                      Mac OS Version:                 10.14.4
   Matplotlib                      Process ID:                     42506
   Matplotlib                     
   Matplotlib                      ======================================================= Matplotlib Environment ========================================================
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib version:             1.3.1
   Matplotlib                      Numpy version:                  1.8.0rc1
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib RC Path:             /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/matplotlib.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/matplotlibrc
   Matplotlib                      Matplotlib Plugin log location: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib
   Matplotlib                      Number of Chart Devices:        6
   Matplotlib                      Number of CSV Engine Devices:   3
   Started plugin "Matplotlib 0.8.01"
Attachments
2019-04-14_07-32-35.jpeg
2019-04-14_07-32-35.jpeg (153.15 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:38 pm
DaveL17 offline

There shouldn't be any resources issues if you're only running 3 CSV Engine devices and updating 6 charts. As you can see from my post, I run over 30 charts and my plugin runs indefinitely with no errors or hangups. How frequently are you updating your charts? I update mine every 15 minutes.

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:47 pm
norcoscia offline

Every 30 min. but values are written to the CVS files every 15 min. This started about the time I moved to the new machine but that was also the time I adjusted the CVS values for the data files. Can I just zero out the CVS documents or just throw them away w/o loosing any setting. I'm thinking the files may have mismatched incremental values stored within them and it is somehow goofing up the matplotlib plug-in.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:21 pm
DaveL17 offline

Yes you can. I would recommend disabling the plugin first, and then delete the CSV files. I would then download a new version of the plugin (at least version 0.8.05) as that and later versions have an improved facility to fix things at startup than older versions. Once you've installed the new plugin, it will create any missing CSV files before attempting to update any charts.

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:34 pm
norcoscia offline

OK, I did that - I should know if that helped / fixed it in a few days - I will let you know - thanks for the help!

_______
Norm