Question on captured data and its display?

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:10 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Question on captured data and its display?

Thanks Norm.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:45 am
norcoscia offline

I thought this was fixed but still hanging up after a few days - sigh - not sure what else to try :(

Plots quits updating , then when I try to reload Matplotlib it does not stop correctly - then starts to work again for a few days.....
Attachments
2019-04-25_06-41-41.jpeg
2019-04-25_06-41-41.jpeg (145.94 KiB) Viewed 3245 times
2019-04-25_06-39-40.jpeg
2019-04-25_06-39-40.jpeg (180.49 KiB) Viewed 3245 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:36 am
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
I thought this was fixed but still hanging up after a few days - sigh - not sure what else to try :(

Plots quits updating , then when I try to reload Matplotlib it does not stop correctly - then starts to work again for a few days.....

Hi Norm - sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. This is not something I'm seeing on either of my two Indigo servers, nor am I getting other reports of the same behavior.

- When the charts stop updating, do you see anything in the Indigo UI like a single chart stuck on "Processing"? This message would appear in the State column of the Indigo UI.
- Do you see anything in the plugin log that suggests an error has happened?
- When you restart the plugin after it's stopped updating, how do you restart it? Do you select Reload or do you select Disable and then Enable?
- Are you sure that you don't have two copies of the plugin installed? The CFBundleIdentifier error is somewhat suspicious.

Without anything else to go on, it's tough for me to know where to look.

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 am
norcoscia offline

When I noticed the charts had not been updated since yesterday I tried to reload - that is when I see the message that it will not properly stop - then it forces the stop then eventually reloads itself. No Idea what to do and I have checked for two copies of the plug in - I only have one. Tried new copies of the plug-in and tossing all the CVS files - I must have something wrong but not sure what it could be. All that is left is remove everything and start over but the pain of that is keeping me from doing it since I'm not 100% sure it will fix the issue. Is there any logging I can turn on and run for days w/o any issues?

It has to be the plug-in hanging up cause even my wind plot is missing data and that is a different plot and a different CVS file.
Attachments
2019-04-25_08-45-31.jpeg
2019-04-25_08-45-31.jpeg (159.1 KiB) Viewed 3229 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:47 am
norcoscia offline

I do have one chart pulling data from 2 different CVS files - is that a no-no?

All of my CVS file are set like the one below....
Attachments
2019-04-25_08-48-44.jpeg
2019-04-25_08-48-44.jpeg (68.32 KiB) Viewed 3227 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am
DaveL17 offline

You can turn on debugging within the plugin configuration menu. There are a lot more messages that are written to the plugin log than are written to the Indigo Events log. The plugin log is located here:

Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Logs/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib/plugin.log

There should be several days' worth of logs in that folder (although it's likely that the plugin will stop logging when it stops updating. The way I have designed the plugin is to run each chart update in its own process and at each update interval, the plugin will check for any left over processes and kill those.

Charting from two different files is absolutely fine. Otherwise, you'd only have one line per chart. :D

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:57 am
norcoscia offline

I'll turn it on and see what happens - I must not be explaining it clearly - in my CVS engine I have many items being written to the cvs files - but I also pull from different CVS engines to make one chart. Just wanted to make sure no issues with using two engines to make one chart!

I'll keep you posted!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 am
norcoscia offline

Looking at the log file I did see another leftover device that may be causing the problems - an old line chart that does not have the corrected info for my new machine (and is not creating a chart)

I will delete it and see if it helps....
Attachments
2019-04-25_09-02-10.jpeg
2019-04-25_09-02-10.jpeg (100.16 KiB) Viewed 3212 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:28 am
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
I'll turn it on and see what happens - I must not be explaining it clearly - in my CVS engine I have many items being written to the cvs files - but I also pull from different CVS engines to make one chart. Just wanted to make sure no issues with using two engines to make one chart!

I'll keep you posted!

I'll admit that I didn't think of it this way when I read your question, but the answer is still the same.

All the CSV Engine devices do is write data out to the CSV files. The charts read in the CSV files as needed and don't know if the CSV Engine devices exist (they're not even required to use the plugin.)

Let me know what the error logs show as you did above when you've deleted any legacy devices. It could be that I'm not properly updating all older devices with the newest features. Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 pm
norcoscia offline

OK, I see - It is a slow process for me since the error takes days to show up. BTW,I did notice this today - CVS engines with different Model names for some reason?
Attachments
2019-04-25_11-02-09.jpeg
2019-04-25_11-02-09.jpeg (8.44 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 pm
norcoscia offline

Since deleting the old chart with the bad path the only thing in the log showing up as critical is this ?
Attachments
2019-04-25_11-10-16.jpeg
2019-04-25_11-10-16.jpeg (30.42 KiB) Viewed 3181 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:47 pm
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
OK, I see - It is a slow process for me since the error takes days to show up. BTW,I did notice this today - CVS engines with different Model names for some reason?

This one shouldn't make a difference. I changed the model name of the CSV Engine device along the way, but the underlying device type (which is more critical) has remained unchanged as far as I can recall.

Since deleting the old chart with the bad path the only thing in the log showing up as critical is this ?

That one is a bug. I have added a fix for that in the next release. You should be able to clear that error by opening each Battery Health device, select "Edit Device Settings..." and then select "Save". You won't need to change anything.

I'm folding some other changes and new features into the plugin now, which I hope to be able to release soon. The latest build on GitHub has some bugs in it, and I wouldn't recommend installing that just yet. The current release available through the Indigo Plugin Store is the latest stable release.

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:50 pm
norcoscia offline

OK, thanks for the info!!!!!

_______
Norm