Battery Chart - Text Colour

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 am
autolog offline

Battery Chart - Text Colour

Hi Dave,
As always, thanks for all your effort on this plugin. :D

It would be useful to able to specify the text colour when selecting Show Battery Level. At the moment if you select a light green colour for the Healthy colour then the white text gets lost.

Also, I can't remember whether I have suggested this before, but it would be useful to set the whole bar to red if the battery is zero - so it stands out.

I am running the latest Github release = v0.7.33 :)

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:20 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Battery Chart - Text Colour

autolog wrote:
Hi Dave,
As always, thanks for all your effort on this plugin. :D

It would be useful to able to specify the text colour when selecting Show Battery Level. At the moment if you select a light green colour for the Healthy colour then the white text gets lost.

Also, I can't remember whether I have suggested this before, but it would be useful to set the whole bar to red if the battery is zero - so it stands out.

I am running the latest Github release = v0.7.33 :)

Hi Jon - thanks for the nice words. I have a new build up on GitHub (not an official release) that I'm currently testing for release. I'll add your suggestions to the list for the next one. A couple notes:

Adding a separate text color control gets away from a core design principle that I have with the plugin which is to adjust most chart colors with a single change within the plugin config dialog. That said, there are unique color controls for lines, bars, etc. What about a "override text color" control for battery health devices? Another option here would be, instead of changing the text color, have the numeric value be an annotation (on or off) with a background like other chart annotation settings. (This would be my preference, actually.)

I will try to come up with some way to highlight batteries at zero percent. Great suggestion.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:10 pm
norcoscia offline

How about this :-)
Attachments
Low.png
Low.png (263.39 KiB) Viewed 1933 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

That’s awesome. I know you’re at least half kidding, but I haven’t used image files in plots yet. There’s issues with scaling—both DPI and bar size within the chart.

Right now, in my mind at least, I’m leaning towards a “patch” (term of art in Matplotlib.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm
norcoscia offline

Would using SVG file(s) - (assuming that is possible - I don't know) solve the scaling problems?

Yes, I was kidding, for some reason when I read the post that graphic came to my mind :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm
DaveL17 offline

It's one of those things that's probably technically possible, but I suspect the amount of effort to make it work well would be non-trivial.

Page 1 of 1