Looking for Beta Testers

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:47 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Looking for Beta Testers

Not hardly. You’ve been a huge help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 am
Busta999 offline

Dave,

No pressure, when do you expect a fix?

I use graphing a lot and a little lost with no graphs, should I revert to plugin page version.

No pressure ...

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
DaveL17 offline

Busta999 wrote:
Dave,

No pressure, when do you expect a fix?

I use graphing a lot and a little lost with no graphs, should I revert to plugin page version.

No pressure ...

v0.7.40 should fix the bug for the tick parameters bug (see above). Are you still having trouble with version 0.7.40? If so, a new plugin log would be helpful. Please enable verbose logging within the plugin menu, reload the plugin, and post (or PM) me any errors you see.

Not coincidentally, I'm bolstering logging that will further help isolate future problems. A new version of the plugin will be posted fairly soon.

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Busta999 offline

Ok missed the 7.40 update.

:-). Looks like they are running now - csv got reset :-(

But should repopulate over the next 48 hours..

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:01 pm
DaveL17 offline

Busta999 wrote:
Looks like they are running now - csv got reset :-(

Depending on the settings of the CSV engines, combined with the age of the data within the files, this might be normal since you've been down. For example, if a CSV device was set to 1 day and you've been down for 2 days, all data would be considered too old. It's not a guarantee that this is what happened, but it's a fair guess I think.

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:19 am
DaveL17 offline

For those interested in a little excitement, there have been many more refinements added to the beta build. v0.7.51 is now available via GitHub (please note that this is not an official release.) It looks like the last announcement was v0.7.40, so here's a list of the changes since then:

v0.7.51
- Adds control to hide device names on battery health charts.
- Improves plotting of battery level values on battery health charts.
- Code refinements.

v0.7.50
- Consolidates chart plot logging into single method.
- Help bubble refinements.
- Code refinements.

v0.7.49
- Standardizes plotting of X axis label across all devices.
- Standardizes plotting of chart title across all devices.
- Standardizes save image code across all devices.
- Refines <SupportURL> behavior across all plugin elements.

v0.7.48
- Adds support for charting 'Armed' and 'Disarmed' values.

v0.7.47
- Improves handling of CSV data updates when duration is set to zero (no limit.)

v0.7.46
- Fixes empty text instances for custom Y tick labels (where locations are defined but labels are not.)

v0.7.45
- Adds feature to Battery Health Device to plot a background box for battery level values.
- Improves validation for chart axis limits (Y Min, Y Max, Y2 Min, Y2 Max).
- Improves code for plotting Y1 and Y2 axis limits (Y Min, Y Max, Y2 Min, Y2 Max).
- Code refinements.

v0.7.44
- Updates config dialog text for Battery Health Chart - excluded devices (language referred to legacy control.)
- Adds requirement that the custom Y tick labels field and custom Y tick values field be the same length. <-- this requirement has since been removed.
- Fixes bug for Battery Health Chart to remove "No Battery Devices" dummy device when actual devices present.

v0.7.43
- Adds default entries for legend labels (will only be displayed if Display Legend option is enabled.)

v0.7.42
- Refines configuration dialog control labels.
- Deletes unneeded Fill control from Bar Devices (bar 4).

v0.7.41
- Fixes bug in format_axis_y_ticks where error was thrown under certain conditions (including 'None', '', and ' '.)
- Improved error logging.

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:11 am
norcoscia offline

Hi Dave - I just updated to .7.5.1 and the names of my devices are being chopped off (on the battery chart) - I tried adjusting the chart size but it did not help - the bars get bigger but no size I tried adjusts for the length of some of my longer device names.

Do you have any recommendations, I would like to add this chart to a control page -- but I would hate to change all the names since I can barely keep them straight in my head now and they have been the same for years.

Norm

PS. Let me know if you need any other info or if my message was not clear enough to understand :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:36 am
DaveL17 offline

Hi Norm - yes, this is a change over prior versions. I've never liked the way that the device names worked with the variables of name length, number of devices, font size and whatnot. I worked hard on trying to find a solution, but never could find one that worked to my satisfaction. I tried wrapping the label text, guessing how much space would be needed, moving the device names onto the bars themselves -- but there were just too many moving parts to make it work automatically (and properly) for every instance.

So the new advice for situations where the device names are cutting off is to hide the device names within the Battery Health device configuration (a new control) and manually adding them to the control page using static text elements. I realize that this is somewhat of a pain, and name labels will have to be manually adjusted when battery devices are added/removed, but I couldn't find a good way to automatically scale the axis based on the device name labels that would work in all instances.

I'm open to ideas!

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:42 am
norcoscia offline

Would it be possible to create a table of all devices on the chart - then provide a space to add in an alternate name just for display on the chart. When chart is drawn sub in the new names?

I suggest that without knowing how hard that would be so if too hard no worries....

The other problem with adding them to the control page is any size changes to the chart or moving the chart can cause things to get out of alignment - as would adding anything new to the page. Let me know if possible otherwise I will start making a page(s).

Thanks for the quick response and great plug in :-)

PS - I think the alexa plug in has something like this maybe you can repurpose some of that code?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 am
DaveL17 offline

Hang in there Norm. Seems to always be the case that I discover something right *after* saying it can't be done. I might've found something that will work--I need to do a lot more testing, but it looks promising. I'll likely leave in the control to hide the device names, but it may not be required for long device names after all. Here's hoping.

chart_battery.png
chart_battery.png (12.92 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:08 am
IndigoSam offline

I just downloaded this to try (version 0.7.51).

There doesn't seem to be a Plugin Configuration page?

Sam.

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:21 am
DaveL17 offline

Hmmm. You don't see this?

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.20.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.20.41 AM.png (49.94 KiB) Viewed 2959 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:43 am
IndigoSam offline

No, I just have:

Disable
Reload

About Matplotlib v0.7.51

Sam.

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:20 am
DaveL17 offline

IndigoSam wrote:
No, I just have:

Disable
Reload

About Matplotlib v0.7.51

Sam.

Hmmm. That's not very helpful at all.

When I install the plugin from scratch (that is, like it was never there) the configuration dialog pops right up. Can you please confirm that you're on Indigo v7.0 or above? The plugin is not compatible with versions prior to 7.0. Also, have you by any chance installed another version of Python on your Indigo server machine? Just trying to isolate a few potential causes of trouble.

Also, please disable the plugin, stop the Indigo server and delete the following file if it exists (replacing the '7.X with whatever version of Indigo you're running):
Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.X/Preferences/Plugins/com.fogbert.indigoplugin.matplotlib.indiPref

and then try again.

Lastly, how did you download the beta from GitHub? Did you download the ZIP file?

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:34 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks Dave!!!!

_______
Norm

Page 6 of 10 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10