Feature Requests

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 5:55 am
DaveL17 offline

Feature Requests

Please add all new feature requests for the matplotlib plugin to this thread.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:42 am
autolog offline

CSV Engine Data Retention Period

In the CSV Engine you can specify the number of Observations that you wish to keep in your CSV file.

It would also be useful to able to specify a user specified data retention period (e.g. 24 hours) so that older entries get dropped off. This would then make it easy to display graphs for the last 24 hours for example. :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:46 am
autolog offline

CSV Engine Item Selection

A minor usability feature request: When you select an item (ID: field), it lists all devices and variables and then list is displayed at the bottom of the variable list. This means (in my case) there is an awful lot of scrolling to do before getting to the devices. It would be useful to be able to select from a device list or variable list.

As I said, very minor. :wink:

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:36 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: CSV Engine Data Retention Period

autolog wrote:
In the CSV Engine you can specify the number of Observations that you wish to keep in your CSV file.

It would also be useful to able to specify a user specified data retention period (e.g. 24 hours) so that older entries get dropped off. This would then make it easy to display graphs for the last 24 hours for example. :)

This is something that I've wanted to do for some time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: CSV Engine Item Selection

autolog wrote:
A minor usability feature request: When you select an item (ID: field), it lists all devices and variables and then list is displayed at the bottom of the variable list. This means (in my case) there is an awful lot of scrolling to do before getting to the devices. It would be useful to be able to select from a device list or variable list.

As I said, very minor. :wink:

I think this would be pretty trivial to implement. When adding a new CSV source, the workflow would then become:

1. add title.
  2. choose whether a source is a device or a variable.
  3. choose from list of only devices or variables based on the answer to number 2.
  4. choose device state or variable value.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:12 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: CSV Engine Data Retention Period

autolog wrote:

This feature has been added in release v0.7.18.

Posted on
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:13 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: CSV Engine Item Selection

autolog wrote:
It would be useful to be able to select from a device list or variable list.

This feature has been added in release v0.7.18.

Posted on
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:41 pm
autolog offline

Re: Feature Requests

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the feature additions - It's much appreciated. :D

Posted on
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

autolog wrote:
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the feature additions - It's much appreciated. :D

Likewise my friend. Thank you for helping to test various changes to the plugin.

Cheers, and happy New Year!

Posted on
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 am
autolog offline

I would like to be able to specify a different scale on the Y2 axis - Is this possible, if not can I request another feature addition? :)

My use case is mapping thermostat values; multiple Temperatures and Heat Setpoints. I use the range -5 deg C to 35 deg C for the Y1 axis. I would like to map the thermostat valve opening value on the Y2 scale from 0% (fully closed) to 100% (fully open). I would then be able to easily correlate the valve opening against the temperature.

Posted on
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:01 am
DaveL17 offline

autolog wrote:
I would like to be able to specify a different scale on the Y2 axis - Is this possible, if not can I request another feature addition?

It's not presently possible but it's on the list as they say. I need to be able to spend some time thinking about the best way to accomplish it.

The less-than-perfect hack is to create the first chart as you would normally for source 1 (with its scale on Y1), create a second transparent chart for source 2 (of the same dimensions) with its scale on Y2, and then overlay the second on top of the first on the control page. The rub is -- in order for the correlation to be useful -- both source CSVs have to be on the same timeline.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:39 pm
bsp9493 offline

Agree, this is also something I would like to see

ie - weather data (same idea as the daily or 10 day forecast that exists, but ability to choose my own variables to plot
various temperature values on left axis
UV, Pressure, etc on right axis (different scale)

autolog wrote:
I would like to be able to specify a different scale on the Y2 axis - Is this possible, if not can I request another feature addition? :)

My use case is mapping thermostat values; multiple Temperatures and Heat Setpoints. I use the range -5 deg C to 35 deg C for the Y1 axis. I would like to map the thermostat valve opening value on the Y2 scale from 0% (fully closed) to 100% (fully open). I would then be able to easily correlate the valve opening against the temperature.

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2019 5:42 am
DaveL17 offline

Thanks for the request. I haven't started work on this one yet, but the concept is gelling.

Another big update is coming soon that will include:
  • ability to limit the amount of time series data plotted without affecting underlying data.
  • ability to control the number of legend columns (limited to 8 columns by 2 rows.)
  • adds 2 more lines to Line Charts (for a total of 8.)
  • highlights dead batteries on Battery Charts.
  • audits CSV Engine sources at startup and warns when more than one Engine is writing to the same file.
  • audits device properties and updates them automatically to comport with latest definition.
  • lots of UI refinements.
  • lots of bug fixes.
  • lots of code refinements.

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2019 7:43 am
norcoscia offline

Can't wait - BTW, my charts are working great now!!!!!! Made it all week w/o any data drop outs!!!!!

PS. Maybe you could add a check for bad paths - I think that was my problem for a long time, it would eventually hang up the recording of new data points!!!!
Attachments
2019-05-01_06-40-47.jpeg
2019-05-01_06-40-47.jpeg (171.89 KiB) Viewed 8057 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2019 3:45 pm
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
Can't wait - BTW, my charts are working great now!!!!!! Made it all week w/o any data drop outs!!!!!

Glad to hear that things have settled down for you Norm. Thanks for letting me know.

PS. Maybe you could add a check for bad paths - I think that was my problem for a long time, it would eventually hang up the recording of new data points!!!!

I check that the path is properly formatted and check it against the current version of Indigo, but don't currently test the path to ensure that the plugin has access to it. I'll add that to the feature request list.