Issue appeared today....

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:08 am
aderrington offline

Issue appeared today....

Hi,

I've had Matplotlib running for a little while now, and randomly today it's started crashing and throwing a lot of errors into the log file:

Code: Select all
   Matplotlib Warning              Something went wrong: RRuleLocator estimated to generate 16886 ticks from 2015-04-07 16:33:36+00:00 to 2017-03-11 07:26:24+00:00: exceeds Locator.MAXTICKS * 2 (2000)
   Matplotlib Error                Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2694, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1040, in refreshTheCharts
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/pyplot.py", line 561, in savefig
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/figure.py", line 1421, in savefig
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/backend_bases.py", line 2220, in print_figure
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py", line 505, in print_png
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py", line 451, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/artist.py", line 55, in draw_wrapper
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/figure.py", line 1034, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/artist.py", line 55, in draw_wrapper
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axes.py", line 2086, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axis.py", line 1091, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axis.py", line 945, in _update_ticks
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axis.py", line 895, in iter_ticks
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/dates.py", line 636, in __call__
RuntimeError: RRuleLocator estimated to generate 16886 ticks from 2015-04-07 16:33:36+00:00 to 2017-03-11 07:26:24+00:00: exceeds Locator.MAXTICKS * 2 (2000)

Matplotlib Error                plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks,
Andrew

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:24 am
neilk offline

Re: Issue appeared today....

No idea - but the same thing happened in my log late yesterday, and the log was flooded with errors this morning and the server unresponsive. Eventually the all network based plugins also died (Sonos, Hue, Alexa). I also had something extremely weird happen with piBeacon and triggers being deleted.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:37 pm
DaveL17 offline

aderrington wrote:
Hi,

I've had Matplotlib running for a little while now, and randomly today it's started crashing and throwing a lot of errors into the log file:

Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks,
Andrew

Looks like you're trying to plot two years' worth of data (probably with a very short X axis tick window). There's a limited number of ticks that matplotlib is willing to show. Are you really trying to plot two years worth of data? You should be able to do that no problem; but you'll need to use an axis setting of years.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 pm
aderrington offline

That's weird. I've not done anything to indigo (or any plugins) overnight and I started getting the errors only this morning.

I'll double check the charts and see what is there and the data that it is being pulled from and see if there's any issues there.

Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 pm
DaveL17 offline

neilk wrote:
No idea - but the same thing happened in my log late yesterday, and the log was flooded with errors this morning and the server unresponsive. Eventually the all network based plugins also died (Sonos, Hue, Alexa). I also had something extremely weird happen with piBeacon and triggers being deleted.

Neil

Did you get the same error? That would be most unusual. My suspicion (and that's all it is) is that something else is going on. Can you please go to the log and post a sample of the errors you saw?

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 am
neilk offline

Dave,
Definitely something weird happened during that night so I am not sure what is cause and effect and I am slowly dragging through the logs to see if I can figure something out. I suspected the HBB potential issue but I have disabled that however the other symptoms are similar and I also had some previously working piBeacons disappear. Anyway the first instance of the error was

Code: Select all
2017-02-03 22:55:24.878   Matplotlib   ========================== Cycling Concurrent Thread ===========================
2017-02-03 22:55:24.907   Matplotlib   CSV data updated successfully.
2017-02-03 22:55:25.100   Matplotlib   DHW Chart chart created successfully.
2017-02-03 22:55:25.329   Matplotlib   Room Temp Charts chart created successfully.
2017-02-03 22:55:26.063   Matplotlib Warning   Something went wrong: RRuleLocator estimated to generate 16860 ticks from 2015-04-07 17:31:12+00:00 to 2017-03-10 06:28:48+00:00: exceeds Locator.MAXTICKS * 2 (2000)
2017-02-03 22:55:26.091   Matplotlib Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2694, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1040, in refreshTheCharts
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/pyplot.py", line 561, in savefig
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/figure.py", line 1421, in savefig
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/backend_bases.py", line 2220, in print_figure
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py", line 505, in print_png
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py", line 451, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/figure.py", line 1034, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axes.py", line 2086, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axis.py", line 1091, in draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axis.py", line 945, in _update_ticks
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/axis.py", line 895, in iter_ticks
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/matplotlib/dates.py", line 636, in __call__
RuntimeError: RRuleLocator estimated to generate 16860 ticks from 2015-04-07 17:31:12+00:00 to 2017-03-10 06:28:48+00:00: exceeds Locator.MAXTICKS * 2 (2000)

2017-02-03 22:55:26.093   Matplotlib Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I haven't changed anything in the charts for some time and everything has been working well. Nothing critical in this as I haven't really progressed beyond the "this is really cool but what do I need it to do" stage and my time to play is limited at the moment, but weird it popped up the same kind of error at the same time.
The error cleared on the server restart without any other intervention or editing of charts etc.
Neil

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:01 am
DaveL17 offline

It's possible that this could be a bug, but I suspect something larger. The only time I've seen that error in development is when I try to do something deliberately evli with the settings or something was wrong with my CSV data.

Typically, if Matplotlib coughs up a fur ball, it dies and the process gets respawned. This happens occasionally even under the best of circumstances. I don't think that the plugin could do anything to take down the entire server (but I'm not completely sure of that).

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:19 am
neilk offline

Dave - I suspect you are correct and it could be a coincidence as apart from flooding the log everything else seemed to be still working and a second event seemed to take the network stack down.
Don't worry too much from my side and if I get any clearer insight I will let you know.
Neil

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:46 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks Neil.
Dave

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:41 am
aderrington offline

I've stopped receiving any error messages since the day after I posted, but I've not done anything to the data or the plugin (other than disable and reenable it)
Hopefully it was just a random little bug.

Thanks.
Andrew.

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 am
DaveL17 offline

Glad to hear that things have settled down. Let me know if that changes.

Page 1 of 1