Charts

Posted on
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:21 am
jltnol offline

Charts

So I just read your last sticky about updating the plugin before updating Indigo to 2023.2, and confess I did this exactly backwards. But with that said everything seems to be working. I'm using the plugin to track rainfall, and previously, the chart would correctly display the 2 decimal points in the CVS file, where now, the chart seems to round it off. So if the CVS file is 1.67, the chart shows 2.0.

In the end, this is hardly a big problem, but am curious if this is expected behavior, or if there is a setting I need to change to allow for the decimal points in the actual graph.

Posted on
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:47 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Charts

To the first point, there's no danger to updating the plugin after upgrading Indigo, you just may be greeted with a sea of red in the Event log.

To the second point, definitely NOT expected behavior. This update represents a substantial update of Matplotlib, so there may be a bug or a change in the way the Matplotlib package handles the decimal precision (although the latter would be odd IMO).

Let me do some digging to see what I can find.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:11 am
DaveL17 offline

Hmm. I am seeing 2 decimal precision as expected.

chart_bar_flow_vertical.png
chart_bar_flow_vertical.png (16 KiB) Viewed 329 times

What type of chart are you working with? It could be a type-specific bug.

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:17 am
jltnol offline

Dave

I got it figured out. Not sure when this was changed, but I clearly missed it, as my issue was in the Annotation Precision of the Bars in the settings for the graph. I changed both those setting for the "Y" axis, as well as the individual bars, and now all is well!

Sorry for the confusion.

As always, THANKS!!!

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:52 am
DaveL17 offline

No problem whatsoever! There's every chance a bug could creep in after an update like that.

Page 1 of 1