Bert has left the building

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:43 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Bert has left the building

All, Bert Martin has decided to leave the Indigo community. We will miss him and wish him all the best.

Now, we've forked his plugins into our repo. What I'm hoping is that some of you will step up to take responsibility for them. I think the most popular one is the Security Camera plugin - seem to be quite a few of you using it. If you're interested in taking over responsibility for any of these plugins, let me know and we'll work out the details.

I've moved the sub-forums to the Open Source forum. However, not being users we won't be able to answer questions (hopefully others will chime in) and we definitely don't have time to maintain them. If someone issues a pull request we will just do a cursory look-see, merge the request, create a release and add it to the Store. We've had one of those break already this year, but we really can't keep up with it all given all of our other duties.

If one of you guys would like to talk to us about becoming the gatekeeper for the open source repos that don't have an owner (accept pull requests, take a quick look, make releases, etc.), we would definitely like to talk to you. As more and more plugins become community supported, it's going to become harder and harder for us to do these tasks in a timely manner.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1