Current state of the Lutron LEAP plugin

Posted on
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Current state of the Lutron LEAP plugin

I want to clear up some confusion about this plugin. I do consider it ready for production use, but only for the device types that have been tested. That includes most common device types, but does NOT include RRa3 keypads. I'm still waiting on my RRa3 processor and keypad for testing, and until I've had time to work with them, they're not on the supported list.

See the description in the plugin store for the tested device list: https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/278/

One other item for users of the older Lutron plugin - the new plugin does NOT support buttons (pico or keypad) as Indigo devices. Buttons do not have a state, they are event generators only. You can create triggers using these events, but you cannot trigger (or anything else) on device states, since they are not devices. I expect that keypad LEDs will be represented as Indigo devices, but that currently probably does not work.

I fully intend that this plugin will eventually support all LEAP capable devices, but that depends on actually having access to the devices for testing. I'm building a new almost 5000sqft which will be all RadioRa3, so I need to get it working. :D

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:47 pm
gt3mike offline

Re: Current state of the Lutron LEAP plugin

Thanks Joe, as always.

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:23 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Testing remotely, the 2023.1.0 plug-in has improved the reliability of the RRA2 controls (RRD-Pro) I've installed. Thank you.
Any forecast when the keypads will be supported? - specifically, the HN5BRL? - W6BRL?

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:48 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I have tested the plugin with the new Sunnata (RRa3) keypads. I do not have a spare RRa2 keypad to test with, but I think they should work the same.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:09 pm
SMUSEBY offline

My W6BRL works nicely - my mistake to have mentioned it. The issue was the top button for load control on the HN6BRL. This was a problem in October.
To be honest, I don't recall the issue, but I think it was an inability for the plug-in to create the 'device' for the button. I just tried it, and it seems to work.
All good.

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:18 pm
FlyingDiver offline

SMUSEBY wrote:
My W6BRL works nicely - my mistake to have mentioned it. The issue was the top button for load control on the HN6BRL. This was a problem in October.
To be honest, I don't recall the issue, but I think it was an inability for the plug-in to create the 'device' for the button. I just tried it, and it seems to work.
All good.

You're referring to the built in dimmer in the hybrid device? That's not necessarily the top button. It can be changed in the software. At lease for an RRa2 system. Not sure about Select.

So are there any other issues? Should I add those two to the tested device list?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Yikes - there was an issue in October when I installed them. Let me get back to you after I'm on-site and play with them a bit more. I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 1