All of a sudden receiving Unknown Error

Posted on
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:58 am
BruceP offline

Re: All of a sudden receiving Unknown Error

Thank you for pointing me in the direction I need to go. I will have to call someone who knows this stuff as I do not.

Thanks again,

Bruce

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2023 9:22 am
BruceP offline

The plot thickens

Friday-I was on the phone with Lutron, however they were not able to offer much help. I did connect the Connect Bridge directly to the router, and utilized another ethernet cable. When I reconnected all devices to power, the beep I heard from the repeater I had heard before. I made comment to the rep. After the physical move Fing finally indicated the CB was online. Other times it showed it was off-line. Today the errors started after 24 hours of no issues. Fing indicates the CB and Main Repeater are both offline. However, utilizing the Lutron app I can still control the devices.

Sunday at 9:31 I heard beep. I had no control of Lutron via Indigo. The Lutron app worked. At 9:32 the error above was in the Indigo log window. Currently Indigo, now can control the Lutron devices.

Monday 7:38am.
Heard beep
All repeater lights lit
No app control
No Indigo control
7:42 Indigo lists Unknown error message
Still no Indigo/Lutron app control

7:54 Heard beep
No repeater lights lit
App control restored
7:56 Error reported
Restarted plug in control restored

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2023 9:33 am
FlyingDiver offline

That sounds like the repeater is rebooting itself. The app can reconnect immediately. The plugin isn't very good about doing that on it's own without a restart. I've tried to fix that a few times, without much success.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2023 4:37 am
BruceP offline

While I am still trying to find a local Lutron person, that will actually return my call, I have set up most actions to lead off with a reboot of the plugin. Not the best, I am sure, but it seems to work. It would be great if somehow when the error is reported in the log, an action would restart the plugin. I must say, prior to this repeater issue, your plugin was rock solid.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2023 2:35 pm
BruceP offline

The Lutron dealer locally said that RadioRa2 is out and RadioRa3 is in. He wants to replace the repeater with a RR3 repeater. It is totally different he says. Will your plugin work with RR3? If not, its Ebay I go looking.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2023 2:50 pm
FlyingDiver offline

BruceP wrote:
The Lutron dealer locally said that RadioRa2 is out and RadioRa3 is in. He wants to replace the repeater with a RR3 repeater. It is totally different he says. Will your plugin work with RR3? If not, its Ebay I go looking.

The one you're using will not, but I have a new one under development that will work with RRa3. It has not yet been tested with an RRa3 system, only Caseta. Things like picos and dimmers and motion sensors have been tested. RRa2 type keypad have not. I was planning on doing more work on it this summer, as I'm about to start construction on a new house that will be RRa3.

For the short term, you're probably better off getting a used repeater if you can. If not, get the RRa3 system and convert to it, and then we can work on getting the plugin finished up.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun May 21, 2023 9:56 am
BruceP offline

Just an FYI.

I have a RR2 repeater coming with a tech to make it work with my system.
It is rebooting at least once a day. Sometimes it is locked up for a while, then resets again and all is good. Your plugin has at times recovered from the loss. Log reflects the issue, but plugin recovers. Other times I must restart the plugin.