Strange occurrence with my Lutron Connect Bridge

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2022 9:21 am
BruceP offline

Strange occurrence with my Lutron Connect Bridge

Came home last night to a very dark house. Earlier in the day we had several short power outages, about 3-5 min. Additionally it must have done something to the cable internet in the area, as it was down for hours. The bridge, Mac mini are both on surge and UPS's and I did see they kept running.

Last night I could not get any response form Indigo via the Mac mini nor through the app. Internet was working when I got home. I used the Lutron app to get some light. Following morning, lights were off as they should have been via Indigo. All is well now.

I am attaching a log and the issues seem to start at the 14:00 hours.
Attachments
Lutron Error 5-11-22.txt
(33.66 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2022 9:48 am
rehafer offline

Re: Strange occurrence with my Lutron Connect Bridge

FWIW, I had similar experience with a series of short, rapid fire outages. I spent the next week resetting things. Some would not comeback on line until I briefly disabled 5 GHz on my router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2022 10:02 am
gt3mike offline

Generally speaking, if something affects access between my Mac and the Lutron Gateway, I have to restart the plugin. Just yesterday I accidentally power cycled the main repeater, and it didn’t quickly recover after I powered it back up again. I know Joe added some retry logic, and if I had given it enough time it might have recovered by itself. But usually if I become aware of it being disconnected I just restart the plugin.

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2022 10:09 am
FlyingDiver offline

I’m out of the country. Please open an issue on GitHub so this doesn’t get lost.

The reconnect logic is better than it was but still not great.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2022 10:26 am
rehafer offline

To be clear, not all the devices I had trouble with were Lutron, they came back my unplugging the hub and plugging in again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1