Lutron repeater disconnects

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:30 pm
docbjr offline

Re: Lutron repeater disconnects

This is interesting. I switched computers to see if that was the problem, with the same results as before.
So on a hunch, looking at anything plugged into the ethernet, I decided to unplug the Hue hub. Since then I've had over an hour with no problems.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

docbjr wrote:
This is interesting. I switched computers to see if that was the problem, with the same results as before.
So on a hunch, looking at anything plugged into the ethernet, I decided to unplug the Hue hub. Since then I've had over an hour with no problems.

What kind of router and switches do you have? Where was the Hue hub plugged in, and what's the relationship between that plug and the ones the Mac and the repeater are using?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:07 pm
docbjr offline

My router is a Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Zyxel device. I have 3 switches strung off of the router in series (various Trendnet, Tp-link, and Netgear) The Hue hub was attached to the same switch as the Lutron main repeater. The computer was on a switch one hop further on.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

docbjr wrote:
My router is a Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Zyxel device. I have 3 switches strung off of the router in series (various Trendnet, Tp-link, and Netgear) The Hue hub was attached to the same switch as the Lutron main repeater. The computer was on a switch one hop further on.

Yeah, so that switch might be suspect. How many devices total?

A couple of recommendations on your setup. If the Zyxel has more then one LAN port, don't use them. Only use one. Most of that class of device have crappy internal switches, so you want to keep all local LAN traffic off that switch. Second, use a tree configuration instead of series. That way minimizes the number of hops between most devices. Put all the high traffic devices on the same switch (your highest quality one).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:26 pm
docbjr offline

Do you suppose the Hue hub could be defective?

My router has 2 things attached....A series of Deco mesh units and the beginning of my switch setup.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:00 pm
FlyingDiver offline

docbjr wrote:
Do you suppose the Hue hub could be defective?

My router has 2 things attached....A series of Deco mesh units and the beginning of my switch setup.

If it's somehow crashing the switch, maybe. More likely the switch itself has issues.

How big are these switches? How many ports are you using total? Getting one good switch large enough for all the devices would eliminate a lot of failure points.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:44 am
gt3mike offline

Just a thought - Is the WiFi on the Mac turned on? If so, it would be a good idea to turn it off. I seem to recall other Indigo plugins being challenged by multiple network interfaces on the host Mac. Also it would simplify troubleshooting if you can guarantee that ethernet is the only route from the Mac to the repeater.

Posted on
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:10 pm
jamesm offline

Hi, is the Lutron indigo plug in not working? I can create a ra2 gateway that is has a green connected state. I then create a light or switch. the light or switch device state is incorrect. then when I try to turn that light or switch on or off, the gateway turns red. I see the following in the log -

Code: Select all
   Reloading plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.3.2"
   Stopping plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.3.2" (pid 951)
   Stopped plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.3.2"
   Starting plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.3.2" (pid 1055)
   Started plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.3.2"

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:06:37 PM
   Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error       Ra2: EOFError: telnet connection closed

Posted on
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:52 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jamesm wrote:
Hi, is the Lutron indigo plug in not working? I can create a ra2 gateway that is has a green connected state. I then create a light or switch. the light or switch device state is incorrect. then when I try to turn that light or switch on or off, the gateway turns red. I see the following in the log -

Works fine for most users. There seem to be a few installations that have issues. Please describe your setup as completely as you can, then enable debug (not detailed) debugging for the plugin, restart it, then try a command. Then post the log.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:00 am
jamesm offline

my ra2 repeater is on my network at 192.168.1.38 and I can web browse to that address as well..

in indigo - I create a type - lutron rra2/caseta, network connection gateway, named house lights
IP address is 192.168.1.38
when that's created, the light to the left of the gateway is green and says connected..

I then create a light - example office lights - type - Lutron rra2 - model Lutron switch - name office lights
gateway - I match the pulldown I just created - and the id is the integration id I get off the integration report from the ra software.

the light is indicated as off in the indigo window despite them being on, and if I try to toggle on/off on the office light device in indigo, the gateway turns to red.

I get the error
Oct 1, 2020 at 7:50:54 AM
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error Ra2: EOFError: telnet connection closed

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:01 am
jamesm offline

forgot to mention the port of the ip gateway is 23

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:09 am
FlyingDiver offline

Do you know what version software your repeater is running? There have been problems with more recent versions (12.6 and later, I think) where the default Integration ID account doesn't work right. The solution has been to create a new Integration ID just for the Indigo plugin to use.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:37 am
jamesm offline

12.7.. any suggestions on how to do what u suggested

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

jamesm wrote:
12.7.. any suggestions on how to do what u suggested

In the RadioRa2 software (Essentials or Inclusive), open the Settings->Integration menu (ctrl-I). Hit the plus icon at the bottom to add a new telnet login. Enter a username and password, and set all privileges to enabled. Then use that username and password in the plugin gateway device. You can see I added an "Indigo" login:
Attachments
Integration.jpg
Integration.jpg (182.56 KiB) Viewed 6812 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:10 am
jamesm offline

awesome. ty ty ty ty ty ty

now onto figuring out my HomeKit issues.

great help on ra