Lutron repeater disconnects

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:15 am
docbjr offline

Re: Lutron repeater disconnects

Well, it's solved. The Connect Bridge was causing the Telnet problem. It had been set to DHCP enabled, and when I gave it a set IP, it has worked perfectly since. No more Telnet lockouts.

On another note, is there any way to use either Grafik T dimmers or Palladiom keypads with Radio Ra 2 (Essentials programming)? The Palladiom keypads are really beautiful.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:18 am
FlyingDiver offline

docbjr wrote:
On another note, is there any way to use either Grafik T dimmers or Palladiom keypads with Radio Ra 2 (Essentials programming)? The Palladiom keypads are really beautiful.

Not that I know of. You need to upgrade to Inclusive for those devices. Who do you source your RRa2 gear from? They might be able to get you set up with Inclusive. I did it by taking the L2 training class, but I don't know if that's an option these days.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:20 pm
docbjr offline

I think the classes are still available. I wouldn't mind having Inclusive, but I really have zero interest in learning about heating/Ac, Grafik Eye Qs stuff or most of the other Inclusive only stuff. I really only am interested in the nice looking controls.

So if I install a Grafik T presently, does my Main Controller ignore the signals from it even though the same Main Controller is used with Inclusive? If the Main Controller sees the signals, could your plugin deal with them?
Thanks

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

docbjr wrote:
So if I install a Grafik T presently, does my Main Controller ignore the signals from it even though the same Main Controller is used with Inclusive? If the Main Controller sees the signals, could your plugin deal with them?

The repeater won't talk to the Grafik T at all unless you activate it in the Lutron programming app. And you can't activate it with Essentials, only Inclusive. So it'll just ignore it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:03 pm
docbjr offline

So this might sound a little weird. In the house I am building I will be hiring someone to install the Radio Ra 2 system, as I don't have enough confidence to design an entire 4 story home. If we can keep the device total to 95 or under, and the installer installs and activates the Grafik T with his level 2 software, will I be able to program it later with my software (once it's activated)?
Thanks

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

docbjr wrote:
So this might sound a little weird. In the house I am building I will be hiring someone to install the Radio Ra 2 system, as I don't have enough confidence to design an entire 4 story home. If we can keep the device total to 95 or under, and the installer installs and activates the Grafik T with his level 2 software, will I be able to program it later with my software (once it's activated)?

No. You'll need the programming file he used, and Essentials won't open a file created with Inclusive. At least, that's my understanding. Maybe you can arrange for him to "accidentally" leave a copy of the software with you?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:01 pm
gt3mike offline

Two hopefully helpful comments:

1) The L2 class is definitely an option. I'm taking it next month. It's $600 and you get a "training kit" with about $1,800 of hardware for signing up.
https://lutron.learn.com/FILES/scorm/RA2/RA2_L2_Training_Sheet.pdf

2) I ran into the same problem you mentioned regarding a pro editing my Essentials file with Inclusive, and not being able to open it again in Essentials. If your pro isn't able to help you regain access to your file with Inclusive, try your local Lutron rep.

Mike

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Oh cool. I did the on-site in Plantation FL. Cost was a little less, and they included the hotel room and meals, but we didn't get any hardware.

I'd do that virtual class in a heartbeat if I needed the training.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)