Dual Main Repeater Support

Posted on
Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 pm
rapamatic offline

Dual Main Repeater Support

My Memorial Day Weekend project this year is to migrate from a single main repeater to a dual main repeater RR2 setup, as I am finally butting up against the 100 device limit. Anything to keep in mind from a plugin (or just in general) perspective as I do this? Based on what I've read on the official RR2 forums, I've logically segregated the repeaters such that 1 controls my basement and first floor, and one controls the second floor, to try to split the load and make any signal delays not really noticeable.

I assume that all the devices that I migrate to the new main repeater will get new integration IDs and need to be removed/re-added or at least updated in Indigo? Any best practices around that?

Thanks!
-Ray

Posted on
Fri May 22, 2020 1:51 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Dual Main Repeater Support

I started with two repeaters, so I'm not really sure. But it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't have to do anything. I seem to recall I've moved devices between repeaters and the plugin never noticed.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 9:24 pm
rapamatic offline

Re: Dual Main Repeater Support

The migration to a dual main repeater setup went pretty smoothly. Despite having to do a factory reset/ deactivation on all the devices I was moving to the new repeater (it automatically reactivated them), I didn't have to make any changes in the plugin, so they must have kept their integration IDs through the process. I also am only still connected to one main repeater through the plugin but it can see everything. So a pretty smooth and simple transition and the plugin is handling the new dual repeater setup just fine.

Page 1 of 1