Multiple copies of the same Lutron device

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:52 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Multiple copies of the same Lutron device

Rookie error: after creating devices (keypads in particular) in the Essentials program, transfering and then using the plug-in 'create new devices from repeater', I have gone back and edited in Essentials, and repeated the transfer/import process. - and sometimes the result has been a second copy of the same device (with a distinct address).
Which fields in Essentials result in the plug-in creating a duplicate device? - or perhaps there is something else that creates the second device? Can I simply delete one version of the keypad buttons (as they seem to work in tandem)?

Posted on
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:06 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Multiple copies of the same Lutron device

If the addresses are different, then Lutron thinks it’s a different device. There’s a device ID and then a button number (for keypads). Most keypads also have LEDs, which also have an address and Indigo device. I don’t recall where the device ID is visible in Essentials, and can’t look at it because I’m out of the country.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:33 am
SMUSEBY offline

When there is a duplicate of a keypad, there are 12 devices - 6 controls and 6 LEDs.
On the 'Edit Device' screen, I'm guessing that the field 'Device Name' might be the cause of duplication. So if I've edited that field, it generates a second set of devices.
Unless you think it might create an issue, I will simply delete the set in Indigo that has an older device name.
Enjoy your travels.

Posted on
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:16 pm
FlyingDiver offline

SMUSEBY wrote:
Unless you think it might create an issue, I will simply delete the set in Indigo that has an older device name.
Enjoy your travels.

I can’t think of any reason that would be an issue.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1