Is it possible to press a keypad button as an action?

Posted on
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:02 pm
psychobunny83 offline

Is it possible to press a keypad button as an action?

I didn't see this anywhere, but basically I have 2 RA2 keypads, each have a "Evening" scene button that when pressed runs a scene for the area of the house each keypad covers. I wanted to do a trigger that lets me double press a button from one of the keypads, and have it virtually press the same button on the other one, to basically run both scenes from one keypad.

I use Hubitat today and can do this by using a "Press Button" action but didn't see that here, but I do see the ability to send a raw command so not sure if that's what I'd use?

Posted on
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:04 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Is it possible to press a keypad button as an action?

You should be able to do that by using a Device action to turn the button on, then use a short delay (1 sec or less) to turn it off (simulating releasing the button). There's no specific "press" action.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 pm
rapamatic offline

Re: Is it possible to press a keypad button as an action?

Yeah, I do this all the time. You can press real buttons (on actual keypads) or virtual keypads (either phantom buttons on the repeater or keypads that you create in the software but don't activate). Just use the Turn On function for the button you want to press. The screenshots below show how when I double tap the off button by the master bedroom door, it virtually taps the off button in the master bath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1