Question about using the Lutron Connect Bridge with RA2

Posted on
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 am
psychobunny83 offline

Question about using the Lutron Connect Bridge with RA2

Hi everyone, so I saw that I can use the seeTouch keypads with Indigo to control devices and what not from Indigo which is great. I just had a question though, if I use the Lutron Connect Bridge and the Lutron app on my phone (where it shows all rooms with virtual representations of the keypads) and then press a keypad button there, will that also trigger Indigo? For example, if I have a 3 button keypad in the kitchen where Button 2 runs an Indigo program to turn on Hue lights, would pressing that button on the keypad via the app also trigger the Indigo program? Or does it have to be from t he actual keypad directly?

Posted on
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Question about using the Lutron Connect Bridge with RA2

I don't have a Connect Bridge, but I do use the Home+ app which can talk directly to the Main Repeater. Using that app, an Indigo trigger defined for a keypad button is also triggered by the button press in the app.

So I expect that using the Connect Bridge will work the same.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:26 am
rapamatic offline

It does work the same using the Connect Bridge as well. I use that all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:02 am
psychobunny83 offline

YES! Thank you so much guys that's amazing. I don't use any Apple products but have used Indigo in the past and wanted to use it for my new home. Putting RA2 in but I really want to integrate with Hue and Nanoleaf which in testing quick worked using the keypads to control Hue and what not, but it's the remote access from my phone that was tricky. I saw there's a 3rd party app for Android to control Indigo but was hoping for a backup option should that even go away. So it sounds like I'll be able to use the Lutron app to basically be my phone control, and the keypads can then run as expected. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1