Mandatory Connect Bridge update

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 3:59 am
FlyingDiver offline

Mandatory Connect Bridge update

I don't think any of the plugin users are using the Connect Bridge, as I don't think it works with the plugin. But I could be wrong. Just in case:

To Lutron Valued Customers:

As part of Lutron’s commitment to provide customers with world class products and a best in class service experience, we strive to maintain backwards compatibility whenever possible. However, some cases require firmware changes that cannot be applied to early versions of products.

In order to receive a necessary firmware update required for future operation, all first-generation Lutron Connect Bridges (model # CONNECT-BDG-1) must be connected to the internet prior to May 25th, 2018. Lutron Connect Bridges that do not receive this firmware update prior to May 25, 2018, will no longer work.

Please check your inventory immediately and remove any affected devices from your sellable stock. To take care of our mutual customers, Lutron is requesting that all first generation Connect Bridges (CONNECT-BDG-1) in your inventory are returned to Lutron in exchange for a free replacement with the current second generation of the Connect Bridge (model #: CONNECT-BDG2-1), which now supports Apple HomeKit.

Please note that the second generation of the Connect Bridge which supports Apple HomeKit (model #: CONNECT-BDG2-1) is not affected and should not be returned.

To return any affected product in your inventory, or if you’d like additional information, please contact your local Lutron Representative or regional Lutron Customer Service Team:

Lutron

North America

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am
rapamatic offline

Re: Mandatory Connect Bridge update

I'm definitely using the connect bridge (an old gen 1), no compatibility issues with the plugin - I don't think the plugin interacts with the bridge at all....

I'm checking with my dealer (Paul), but I'm curious - is your read that Lutron will replace all the old gen 1 bridges that customers are currently using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 9:31 am
FlyingDiver offline

rapamatic wrote:
I'm definitely using the connect bridge (an old gen 1), no compatibility issues with the plugin - I don't think the plugin interacts with the bridge at all....

I'm checking with my dealer (Paul), but I'm curious - is your read that Lutron will replace all the old gen 1 bridges that customers are currently using?

What does the Connect Bridge do again?

My read of the announcement was that they would replace existing unsold inventory, but not units already installed. But I really don’t know.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 9:54 am
rapamatic offline

The connect bridge does a few things for me:

1) provides a direct link between RR2 and Alexa
2) enables the Lutron Connect iOS app (vs the Lutron Home+ app)
3) enables integration between Lutron and Sonos - for music control keypads, scenes, picos, etc

The gen 2 bridge also has HomeKit support

Page 1 of 1