Auto-creation of Indigo devices for Lutron devices

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Auto-creation of Indigo devices for Lutron devices

While cleaning up the docs and GitHub issues, I found a really old feature request for some way of automating device creation based on the Lutron device database. I started playing around with that today, and I'm actually making good progress. I'm at the point where I can parse the XML data from the repeater, and I'm about to start on creating the devices.

I have a two repeater system, with right around 100 actual Lutron devices (dimmers, switches, shades, keypads, etc). When you count individual buttons on the keypads (8 buttons plus 6 LEDs), that a huge number of devices. I think I'm going to have to group them into folders on creation, or it'll be incredibly hard to find anything. The question is - group by room or by device type? Or an option for either?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Auto-creation of Indigo devices for Lutron devices

FlyingDiver wrote:
group by room or by device type? Or an option for either?

I played with this concept on HKB (it's still there, but invisible to users until I complete it) and I found the options gave the most flexibility. I like having the folders, but I also gave the option for device types and a few others too.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1