Looking for Caseta, RRa2 Select, and RRa3 owners

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:28 am
FlyingDiver offline

Looking for Caseta, RRa2 Select, and RRa3 owners

I'm working on a plugin for the Lutron Leap protocol, which is used by Caseta, RRa2 Select, and RRa3. Specifically, installations using one of these devices:

* Lutron Caséta Smart Hub (L-BDG2-WH)
* Lutron Caséta Smart Bridge PRO (L-BDGPRO2-WH)
* RadioRA 2 Select Main Repeater (RR-SEL-REP2-BL)
* RadioRA 3 All-in-One Processor (RR-PROC3)
* Homeworks QSX Processor (HQP7)

I'm using an unofficial API library, which has minimal documentation. It's intended for use with Home Assistant, so I'm having to figure out how it works by reading the library and Home Assistant component code. Not fun.

I purchased a minimal Caseta setup (hub, plugin module, pico remote) for initial testing. Which is fine. But I really need some data on occupancy sensors, non-pico keypads, fans, etc.

If you have one of the above devices, and would be willing to install the plugin and send me some log output from it, that would be great.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:25 pm
cuhouse offline

Re: Looking for Caseta, RRa2 Select, and RRa3 owners

Joe,

I have a Lutron Caséta Smart Bridge PRO (L-BDGPRO2). The only device I currently have is a Lutron Caséta 4 speed fan control (PD-FSQN-WH).

Your Lutron plug-in v2022.0.7 is installed and the fan device is operable within Indigo.

Due to a recent move and renting at the moment, the fan device is connected in a test setup and wired to a floor fan.

I would be happy to provide any data on the fan device if that is helpful to you.

Thank you,
Jody

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Thanks. I'll post instructions later this week.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:59 pm
spiv offline

I have a small Caseta (regular) and a Caseta Pro hub installed each has a few plug-in modules and a couple of Picos.

I have a large RA2 Select installed with occupancy sensors and Picos.

I have a RA2 main repeater with one 1 or 2 RA2 installed - I have a Seetouch keypad in an old Insteon Desktop enclosure 110V adapter that I could probably plug in (it was configured, but I never got around to doing much with it).

I have a Ra3 main repeater that I have never gotten around to install. Got some kind of certificate error trying to initially set it up and haven't (yet) tried to get through that. I have two Sunnata style (I,e, ClearConnectX) units for it, (It was/is a testing lab setup for me, but no clients have wanted it yet, so it sits in the queue.)

I have to run Lutron PC tools in a Parallels VM as the only PC's I have are ancient and barely boot, so a PITA and I simply use RA2 Select for myself as advanced automations are done in Indigo or HomeKit mainly.

I can give some of this a go, let me know what you need and how.

Curious - I thought LEAP was primarily an issue with HomeWorks QSX and RA3 which have eliminated Telnet. Is it also used with existing systems? (On second thought, I guess those reverse-engineered drivers for Habitat, HA, and other systems that already support Caseta must be using the earlier version of LEAP ?)

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:22 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Some only do Telnet, some only do Leap, some can do either. The non-Pro caseta hub only does Leap. The Pro hub does both. This is a good summary : https://www.home-assistant.io/integrati ... on_caseta/

I'm using the same underlying Python library that used by this Home Assistant component.

I didn't get enough done this week to release the test plugin. And I leave monday for a few weeks, so it'll be December before I can get back to this.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Page 1 of 1