GeoFence - the Beacon replacement plugin

Posted on
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:31 pm
jltnol offline

Re: GeoFence - the Beacon replacement plugin

As I recall, Locative is a paid app, but once you buy it, you own it. When I got it, Geofency was a free app, but I think that may have changed. Both are very easy to setup and use, and if you need help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Posted on
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:52 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks, there is still a free version of locative, but I was not sure if I need to get the full (paid) version for the plug-in to work - I’m running it on just my phone now and it has been working great!

So, no other software needs to be on my Indigo Mac for the plug-in to work, just the software on my phone?

Thanks in advance for any info / help…

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

norcoscia wrote:
Thanks, there is still a free version of locative, but I was not sure if I need to get the full (paid) version for the plug-in to work - I’m running it on just my phone now and it has been working great!

So, no other software needs to be on my Indigo Mac for the plug-in to work, just the software on my phone?

Thanks in advance for any info / help…
I only used the free version, as I recall. No other software needed. The app talks to their servers, which sends the web hook request to the plugin via the reflector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:58 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks I’ll give it a spin :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:23 pm
norcoscia offline

Loaded the plug-in into Indigo - added my reflector API - looked in the Indigo log and got the URL

That is where I'm stuck - I cannot figure out where to paste the URL string into the locative app on my phone - found this spot but not sure if it the right place or what to do next - help....
Attachments
loc image.png
loc image.png (106.22 KiB) Viewed 2859 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:00 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Settings -> Global HTTP Settings

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:06 am
norcoscia offline

OK, great making progress - got the url entered - next figured out I had to create a device - did that and set it up but not sure what to put in the address field within Indigo beacon device settings

Picture below - also getting the error in red when I send a test message from my phone (also in picture below)

Thanks in advance for any help…
Attachments
1C00A7BC-E1F0-48AA-B5CA-51DA4F3E5D7F.jpeg
1C00A7BC-E1F0-48AA-B5CA-51DA4F3E5D7F.jpeg (118.28 KiB) Viewed 2825 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:24 am
FlyingDiver offline

Turn on debug logging and activate the geofence. Or use the test function in Locative. You’ll see the tag that the server sends. You need the device to latch that.

I think. I can’t look at my devices until I get home.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:32 am
norcoscia offline

To follow up, I got this working - I had the slider in locative set to get instead of put. - once I switched it the plug-in created a device by itself - tested it out by leaving and it works great. Thanks for the plug-in….

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:42 am
jltnol offline

Hey Joe

After the upgrade to 2022.2, my GPS triggers have stopped working. Since they weren't working, I did revoke my previous API key, and generated a new one. I've updated the key in the plugin, and have re-started the Indigo server.

Here is the format of the URL I'm using:
Code: Select all
https://XX.indigodomo.net/message/se.furtenbach.indigo.plugin.beacon/webhook?api_key=1f2cf120-8381-429a-7640-ab8c45008266
where xx is my Reflector ID.

"Send Test-Request" in Locative gives me a "Note. a test request has been sent....."., and this shows up in the Indigo Event Log:
  Beacon Error                    Exception: 'key Content-Type not found in dict'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 231, in process_message
    ctype = action_props['headers']['Content-Type']
KeyError: 'key Content-Type not found in dict'

In Geofency, the Webhook setting, when I click ENTER or EXIT, I get a message in the app "Successful 200", but get the same error message in the Indigo log.

Don't know if this is a real issue, or just me doing something wrong, but wanted to mention it in case something needs some attention. I have the 2022.0.3... version of the plugin.

Posted on
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:53 am
jltnol offline

Quick Note

I'm assuming this is due to the implementation of the new HTTP API.

I've rolled back to 2022.1 for the moment as there are some other issues I'm facing with 2022.2.

Posted on
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:55 am
FlyingDiver offline

The latest version in GitHub fixes that problem (I think). https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-G ... g/2022.1.3

I'm having a hard time updating the plugin store to make the updates show up in the Indigo client.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:29 am
jltnol offline

I'm guessing this issue was addressed somewhere else and I just didn't look hard enough. Downloaded the new version and of course it works perfectly.

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:32 am
FlyingDiver offline

It was on GitHub. I forgot to post a notice here. I was trying to get it to show up in the plugin list, but there's an issue with the store info.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:53 am
BillC offline

EDIT: Solved (sort of): added "import fnmatch" to the GeoFence.indigoPlugin plugin.py file.

New user, looks like a great plugin, but I seem to need help configuring triggers. Am using the Geofency app, GeoFence 2022.1.3, Indigo 2022.2.

Have a trigger for entering my home. If I set the event to "trigger on all devices", it fires and executes an action. If I try to use the device address provided by Geofency for my phone @@ home, I get the following error:

GeoFence                        Exit location notification received from sender/location 3719ac83-8386-4f6e-8f5d-43cd261039f2@@home
   GeoFence Error                  Exception: name 'fnmatch' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 240, in process_message
    self.parseResult(p["device"], p["name"], p["entry"], action_props['body_params'])
  File "plugin.py", line 341, in parseResult
    self.triggerEvent("stateAbsent", deviceAddress)
  File "plugin.py", line 166, in triggerEvent
    elif fnmatch.fnmatch(deviceAddress.lower(), self.events[eventType][trigger].pluginProps["deviceAddress"].lower()):
NameError: name 'fnmatch' is not defined

Error occurs using device name "3719...@@home" (the full string). Also tried wildcarding with "37*" same result. Also tried the Indigo device ID, no change.
What needs to go in the device name block?

Appreciate any assistance.