Camect triggers not working

Posted on
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:25 pm
jstackmk offline

Camect triggers not working

Got a Camect just recently (pretty amazing device). Of course I had to try out another of your plugins Joe. Thanks again.
I think I have everything set up fine but I can't get alert event triggers to work.
I added my device and all the states are updating fine, i.e. last event desc, cam, etc.
I see events occurring in log.
I setup a simple trigger for an alert event - any camera, any object. It won't trigger.
If I execute the trigger is works as intended.
I changed to trigger to be based on a single camera and person detected. Still no luck.
The alerts are occurring and the device is changed correctly but the trigger doesn't recognize it.
I turned on debugging and all looks pretty normal except trigger event never appears.

Feel like I must be missing something simple???

Jim

Posted on
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Camect triggers not working

Does your trigger look something like this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.58.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.58.19 PM.png (513.18 KiB) Viewed 1352 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:51 am
jstackmk offline

yeah, spent some time this morning playing around. I did get the trigger to work. I think my problems was I just selected " - Any Object - " and " - Any Camera - "and I wasn't getting any triggers. I changed to selecting all the object types. Now I get triggers.

But I have a few things to figure out.

(1) I am not getting triggers that match all the alerts I see in Camect. I was assuming I would only see what Camect calls "interesting alerts" (not uninteresting or suppressed alerts). I seem to be getting more triggers in Indigo than I am expecting. Like one "interesting" Camect alert created 3 Indigo triggers (no uninteresting or suppressed alerts available).
(2) Not getting snapshots consistently

I have time to spend on this today. Will keep experimenting.

I am pretty amazed at how good Camect is at identifying objects and screening out the unnecessary (uninteresting and suppressed). There is a lot here to wrap your head around. Still trying to determine what I want Indigo to do vs. Camect. Fun stuff.

Thanks again,
Jim

Posted on
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:16 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I’ll need to revisit the code to see if any or all type alerts are actually implemented. I might take those options out.

If you’re trying to save snapshots during a trigger it might not be working because the Camect is really slow processing those requests. I wish they would include a link to the existing clip that’s send with their alerts as it would be much faster to fetch that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1