New plugin under development - Camect

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:10 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: New plugin under development - Camect

You need to edit the Camect device to get rid of those errors. Just open up the device config dialog and save it.

Yes, the mode event is Home to Away or vice versa. I don't actually use those modes, so I'm not sure if it works or not.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:36 pm
norcoscia offline

Yes, that fixed it - thanks!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 am
Different Computers offline

Got one of these set up yesterday, and aside from a weird tendency for it to keep finding a camera I told it to ignore, it was a pretty smooth setup.

Looking forward to integrating it with Indigo!

FlyingDiver wrote:
OK, for now it's just writing the image file to the IndigoWebServer directory. Name is snapshot-<camera ID>.jpg.

Is this an Indigo action?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Also is there any way of getting the opposite of “bar camera detected a person”?

I also need “no more persons visible.” Possible?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
OK, for now it's just writing the image file to the IndigoWebServer directory. Name is snapshot-<camera ID>.jpg.

Is this an Indigo action?

Yes.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 3.38.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 3.38.10 PM.png (476.56 KiB) Viewed 4646 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Also is there any way of getting the opposite of “bar camera detected a person”?

I also need “no more persons visible.” Possible?

Nope. The Camect sends alerts when it detects things. Not when it doesn't.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Thanks! Guess I'll have to roll some Indigo logic to sense people.

This plugin is going to really expand my Indigo! Much appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Ok, now that I'm getting my feet under me with Camect, the ideas are starting to flow.

I've tested snapshots and they're working, and It seems like that name doesn't change over time, but I'm not sure. Is that the case? If it does not, then it's fine and I can work with it. Even better if the snapshot's name was related to the camera it came from. Instead of "snapshot-oICu812.jpg" could we get "cameraName.jpg"?

Also, it seems like the current fixed destination, the root of the web server folder, is less than ideal--I can't get an image served out of there at all and I'm not sure it was designed to do so. Can the destination be configurable? Alternately, could it go by default in to the web server's public folder?

If this is a huge amount of work then no worries, I can massage the file names and location somehow using folder actions or some other script. But this would be super handy.

In other news, it seems like the plugin isn't finding the cameras that I added after I created the plugin. I've opened and closed the plugin config several times but no change. In all but one case, all the cameras have names like "Axis Camera" and "Foscam Camera" rather than the names I gave them. in the one case where I get "front yard camera" I think I had configured that before I spun up the plugin. How do I get those to refresh in the UI?

Really loving the possibilities here!

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:47 pm
FlyingDiver offline

The name of the image is derived from the camera's id string. Those are fixed. I don't know that the names are guaranteed unique.

Did you restart the plugin? Or more specifically, restart the Camect device? That should refresh the camera list. I didn't think that would be something that would need to be done very often.

I didn't actually test showing the image in a control page. I probably picked the wrong location to put it.

Please open a GitHub issue for each bug or enhancement. I can probably do most of them fairly quickly, once I get my Camect back. Mine failed and I sent it back for replacement.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:46 pm

Will do, thanks!

Oh, and yes, choosing "reload" for the plugin device refreshed all the camera names and found all the new cameras. Awesome!

Good luck with your replacement.

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:34 am

When I see
Code: Select all
Camera System: Error on SnapshotCamera [500](closed)
is that likely that the camera just didn't send data fast enough to fully write the file?

Hmmm, I'm wondering if my just upgrading to Indigo 7.5 has confused the plugin about where it should be writing files. I'll restart the plugin again.

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:10 am
FlyingDiver offline

When I see
Code: Select all
Camera System: Error on SnapshotCamera [500](closed)
is that likely that the camera just didn't send data fast enough to fully write the file?

Hmmm, I'm wondering if my just upgrading to Indigo 7.5 has confused the plugin about where it should be writing files. I'll restart the plugin again.

That's an "Internal Server Error" from the Camect unit while the plugin is retrieving the image data. Before it tries to write it to the file. I don't really know what would cause it to do that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:23 pm

Thanks.

I'm still investigating, but it SEEMS like if camect throws one of these errors, NONE of the files requested get written to the snapshot files.

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:28 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Are you doing multiple requests at the same time?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:07 pm

For my initial testing, yes. Bad idea?