Re: New plugin under development - Camect

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:15 am
Different Computers offline

Seems like everything is working now!

I'm beginning to think I had some strange screen sharing caching refresh problem remoting in to my Indigo box, because suddenly just now hours old snapshots appeared where they were expected to be.

Argh!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:22 am
FlyingDiver offline

I think I'm pretty close to doing an official release. Please test as much as you can and open issues on GitHub for anything that doesn't seem to work right.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:06 am

Just wanted to say that this plugin is already making my cameras more useful than they have ever been.

Maybe this has already occurred to you, but last night I had a brainstorm that resulted in a super simple way to always be able to see the most recent alert. Let's say FrontPorch cameras set to take a snapshot whenever it sees and triggers an alert. Indigo saves and serves FrontPorch.jpg, but it also requests another snapshot, alert.jpg. *And Indigo does every other camera when it has an alert.*

This way, I can put the alert.jpg image as a refreshing URL on a control page and know I'm always looking at the most recent thing that happened on my cameras.

I'm already at the point where I would recommend Camect over Security Spy. The hardware seems to have an easier time of keeping up the connection between itself and my sometimes distant wifi cameras, compared to any of the other video server products I've tried: SecuritySpy, Sighthound, ZoneMinder, and less successful choices whose names I forget.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:24 am
FlyingDiver offline

If you've tried the email alerts the Camect sends (or Telegram, I think), you'll see it includes an animated GIF of the event, like below. I expect that the URL to that GIF will be included in the alerts in an upcoming firmware update. That'll be really useful.
Attachments
7753560be0c618c8ee1b.1614889883838.gif
7753560be0c618c8ee1b.1614889883838.gif (358.48 KiB) Viewed 5307 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:19 pm
norcoscia offline

Wanted to say thanks for the .5 version update - the mode event triggers I set up to test with are now working. Sorry I have not provided more feedback but have been in the middle of a month long replace my fence project. The plug-in is great and I have had no issues with it. Hoping to try more stuff now that the fence project is almost finished...

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:00 pm

I'm seeing my camect system getting "disconnected" status in Indigo roughly once a day.

Will turning up logging help me figure out what's happening? Also, is there any way to programmatically reload the plugin?

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:16 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, some debug logs might help.

You can reload a plugin with a standard Indigo action:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.16.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.16.13 PM.png (636.2 KiB) Viewed 5109 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 pm

I'll raise the logging level, but it seems like it disconnects right after

Code: Select all
 Camect Warning                  Camera System: Error on SnapshotCamera [500](not found)
   Camect Warning                  Error writing image file: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoWebServer/public/image.jpg, err: argument 1 must be string or buffer, not None

I imagine the 2nd line is because the first line didn't allow the script to grab an image. And I think the 500 error is camect not replying fast enough, right?

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Error 500 is the generic "Server Internal Error". Not very informative.

Do you have a trigger or something that's requesting an image at that time?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm

How do I find the plugin ID when it's not in the plugin store yet?

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:04 pm
FlyingDiver offline

It's in the Info.plist: com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.camect

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:05 pm

I do have a trigger getting an image then, yes.

Posted on
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, that second error line is bogus. It was an internal error that didn't return an image.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)