New plugin under development - Camect

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:10 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: New plugin under development - Camect

Different Computers wrote:
For my initial testing, yes. Bad idea?

Probably not, but I never tested that, so it's possible I'm hitting the device with multiple requests that it can't handle. But I can see why you might want to capture multiple images off one alert. My replacement unit should be delivered today, so I'll try to test that scenario over the weekend and see if I need to do something to avoid the issue.

It's quite possible the API just isn't fast enough to retrieve multiple images more or less concurrently. I'll ask the developers about it if I can replicate the issue.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:31 pm
Different Computers offline

in the mean time, I've changed my group from "all the snapshots" to just one. On the first try, no problem. I'll rotate that through a variety of cameras to see if the problem crops up when I hit the ones that are slower to respond.

Edit: Based on preliminary testing, it seems like the problem only happens when I have multiple snapshots actions inside of one trigger.

EDIT 2: Nope, it's happening again. Still investigating.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Hmmmmm.

Seems like snapshots are now being triggered, but not saved. The triggers are working, but they don't cause a JPG file to show up.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:39 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I got my replacement Camect set up, and I'm working on the requested changes. Snapshots are working, at least one at a time...

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:50 pm

I'm not sure what's happening. I've reloaded the plugin, even soft reset the camect device. Very odd.

Posted on
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:33 am

Really liking the 004 upgrade for the new functionality.

Alas, I can't figure out why snapshots aren't getting saved. I have snapshot triggers that have no conditions. I trigger them manually or via the trigger, the log shows no errors even with debugging logging turned on, but nothing appears in /IndigoWebServer or /IndigoWebServer/public or anywhere else I can think to look.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 am
FlyingDiver offline

Are you getting the timing log messages? I put some in to see how long it was taking to fetch and save the image.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 am

Not sure what you mean by "timing log messages" but here is what I get:
Code: Select all
 Trigger                         Easement Snapshot
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand, camera ID: f77049aa500ece1dc9e1
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand fetch completed @ 0.42702293396
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand write completed @ 0.438451051712

I've gone so far as to search the whole Indigo disk for "snapshot' and nothing. Could this be related to Indigo 7.5? These snapshots DID work for a hot minute when I was getting this set up.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:50 am
FlyingDiver offline

If it's completing that fast then it's not getting an image. Unless your cameras are set to really low resolution. Here's what I get on mine. The save path was added after 0.0.4.

Action Group                    Camect Snapshot Driveway
   Camect Debug                    Camect Home: snapshotCameraCommand, camera ID: 7753560be0c618c8ee1b
   Camect Debug                    Camect Home: snapshotCameraCommand fetch completed @ 5.53249382973
   Camect Debug                    Camect Home: snapshotCameraCommand write completed @ 5.54271602631 to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoWebServer/public/Driveway.jpg

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:51 am
FlyingDiver offline

Oh, and there's a bug in 0.0.4 - make sure you specify a file name in the action dialog.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:56 am

Wasn't sure about that--the dialog seems to suggest a default of snapshot-camid if you don't specify. But I'll make sure they all have a name specified. I know some do already.

Should I specify the suffix too? "easement" or "easement.jpg"?
Last edited by Different Computers on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:57 am
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
Wasn't sure about that--the dialog seems to suggest a default of snapshot-camid if you don't specify. But I'll make sure they all have a name specified. I know some do already.

The default is broken in 0.0.4, fixed in next release.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:15 am

Looks like there is some sort of data rate limitation when too many snapshot requests happen at once. This trigger is the only one with multiple snapshot commands in it and I got
Trigger                         Garage Door Motion, taking snapshots
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand, camera ID: d2d22fabdc110532f7ea
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand fetch completed @ 0.207311153412
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand write completed @ 0.221578121185
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand, camera ID: ca98e1de6ed3aad541f5
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand fetch completed @ 0.150645017624
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand write completed @ 0.152510166168
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand, camera ID: 2c66192f510bd5e98fbf
   Camect Warning                  Camera System: Error on SnapshotCamera [500](closed)
   Camect Debug                    Camera System: snapshotCameraCommand fetch completed @ 0.104002952576
   Camect Error                    Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 217, in snapshotCameraCommand
NameError: global name 'path' is not defined

Other individual snapshots don't generate that error.

I've gone through the plugin config and set the path "back" to IndigoWebServer instead of /public, and I've specified a name for every snapshot file, but no results. The plugin thinks it is writing but I can't find anything.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:17 am
FlyingDiver offline

With those timings, it's getting nothing back from the Camect, so it's probably not actually writing anything. I'll have another version posted shortly.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)