Purple Air sensor plugin

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:55 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Purple Air sensor plugin

Anyone still using this plugin? I'm porting it to Python3, but I cannot get a sensor ID from the map anymore. If you have a sensor ID that works, please let me know.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:59 pm
norcoscia offline

I have it running but since I could never figure out how to map the data I wanted to a trigger I have not messed with it in a while - I have it pointed to a station near my house - if that helps let me know and I will go look to see if it is still working and let you know which one it is…..

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

norcoscia wrote:
I have it running but since I could never figure out how to map the data I wanted to a trigger I have not messed with it in a while - I have it pointed to a station near my house - if that helps let me know and I will go look to see if it is still working and let you know which one it is…..

Yeah, that's what I need.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:40 pm
norcoscia offline

Looks like the one I mapped to has not reported in several days but another close to that one is reporting. Its ID is 81321

Let me know if that is not what you need. I owe you about a million favors so happy to help with anything you need...

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:47 pm
FlyingDiver offline

That worked.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:49 pm
norcoscia offline

Switched to the working one -- my logic is, if sensor value is above 50 and I have a window open send me an email - seems to be valid so guess it is still good and seems to be working now.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 5:12 pm
wikner offline

Errors since Indigo upgrade

My event log is filled up with the following:
Code: Select all
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_current not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_10m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_30m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_1h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_6h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_24h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_1w not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_current not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_10m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_30m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_1h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_6h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_24h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_1w not defined (ignoring update request)

Indigo Version 2022.1

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 5:36 pm
norcoscia offline

Is that from a remote station or do you have a unit in your house - I’m not sure if anyone tested with a local unit - I was going to buy one but they where backordered over 4 months at the time and they wanted to charge me as soon as I ordered - so I never did get one.

If you do have one I would be interested in knowing what you think about it - fire season is just around the corner :-(

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 5:49 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Errors since Indigo upgrade

wikner wrote:
My event log is filled up with the following:
Code: Select all
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_current not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_10m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_30m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_1h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_6h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_24h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Exterior" state key pm2_5_1w not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_current not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_10m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_30m not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_1h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_6h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_24h not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "mini AQI Interior" state key pm2_5_1w not defined (ignoring update request)

Indigo Version 2022.1

The the Indigo device and save it, see if that makes it stop.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 5:52 pm
wikner offline

I think part of your sentence was cut off. Not sure what you want me to do.

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 5:53 pm
FlyingDiver offline

wikner wrote:

I think part of your sentence was cut off. Not sure what you want me to do.

EDIT the Indigo device. Sorry.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 5:57 pm
wikner offline

Is that from a remote station or do you have a unit in your house - I’m not sure if anyone tested with a local unit - I was going to buy one but they where backordered over 4 months at the time and they wanted to charge me as soon as I ordered - so I never did get one.

I have 2 devices, one interior and one exterior (as you can see from the logs I posted). The plugin uses the web interface to these devices, so it doesn't matter if you use your own or someone else's. I got them for the same reason you mention. Smoke from fires getting into may lungs. I have Indigo send me alerts when the AQI goes bad.

The devices themselves work well. My outdoor one failed after about a year, and it was replaced for free. Now my indoor one has had it's LED's fail. That's actually a good thing for me, as I don't have this constantly glowing thing on my countertop. I have to look in Indigo or on the web to get its output, but the LED's gave only an approximate reading anyway.

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 6:02 pm
wikner offline

EDIT the Indigo device.

OK, that seems to have worked. Was getting those errors once per minute; now none for the past 5 minutes.

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 6:35 pm
norcoscia offline

wikner wrote:

I have 2 devices, one interior and one exterior (as you can see from the logs I posted). The plugin uses the web interface to these devices, so it doesn't matter if you use your own or someone else's. I got them for the same reason you mention. Smoke from fires getting into may lungs. I have Indigo send me alerts when the AQI goes bad.

The devices themselves work well. My outdoor one failed after about a year, and it was replaced for free. Now my indoor one has had it's LED's fail. That's actually a good thing for me, as I don't have this constantly glowing thing on my countertop. I have to look in Indigo or on the web to get its output, but the LED's gave only an approximate reading anyway.

Thanks - I’m going to look into them again.

We added a few indoor WINIX HEPA air filters (when they were on sale at COSCTO). Best money we have spent in a long time. My wife has really bad seasonal allergies and since we have been using them she has been a million times better (plus they are totally silent).

I use Indigo to open and close the outside air vent to my HVAC system to pull in clean air when the temps are not going to kill efficiency. I could also tie in air quality to make sure it does not come on if above a threshold (if I had purple air sensors). I just don’t trust a remote station since I have no control over it.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm
FlyingDiver offline

norcoscia wrote:
I use Indigo to open and close the outside air vent to my HVAC system to pull in clean air when the temps are not going to kill efficiency. I could also tie in air quality to make sure it does not come on if above a threshold (if I had purple air sensors). I just don’t trust a remote station since I have no control over it.

FWIW, I have a plugin for the Davis WeatherLink which also supports their AirLink device. One advantage is that it's all local LAN access, no Internet required.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)