New Plugin - Bond Home

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:28 pm
Jann offline

Re: New Plugin - Bond Home

Jann wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
Do those speeds show up in the popup for the "On Command"? If so, Create a "Fan Low" device with the low speed as the on command and the toggle as the off command.

SetSpeed shows up, but there are 1-8 Bond app speed settings that were possible. I set Speed 1 in the Bond app to L, 5 to M, and 8 to H.
I don't know how to tell Bond - via the plug in - to use the Bond button Speed 1, Speed 5, or Speed 8.
Do you?

Thanks so much. I know I've been a nuisance.
Believe it or not, I'm a programmer. I think I make a lousy end-user though cos I try to fit it all in and figure it out w/o giving you the info YOU need. :lol:

:oops: Sorry.

Jann

Never mind. Action groups... set speed 1, etc

THANKS!

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Jann wrote:

THANKS!

I was about to post that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:36 pm
Jann offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Jann wrote:

THANKS!

I was about to post that.

Thanks for everything!
Truly!

I think I use about 4 of your plugins! My home wouldn't be the same w/o them!
Ecobee, MyQ, Bond, and Twilio

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:38 am
Different Computers offline

Lucky you!

I have a fan with just one button for the fan--press 1x low, 2x med, 3x fast, 4x off. :(

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:40 am
Jann offline

Different Computers wrote:
Lucky you!

I have a fan with just one button for the fan--press 1x low, 2x med, 3x fast, 4x off. :(

Oh, SHEESH!

I'm so sorry. BTW: Bond's "trusted state" could help here, but I cannot figure out where in the app to turn it on. Their docs for this are outdated. You're supposed to be able to do it per-device...but I don't see how their instructions match the app's interface.

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:08 pm
Korey offline

I would love to be able to activate " Breeze " mode, but the RF remotes do not have that in their command list, so the Bond Home can't send it.
Anyway to talk directly to the bond wifi unit in the fan?
Attachments
IMG_9D13CA0E88DD-1.jpeg
IMG_9D13CA0E88DD-1.jpeg (159.56 KiB) Viewed 5469 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:12 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Korey wrote:
I would love to be able to activate " Breeze " mode, but the RF remotes do not have that in their command list, so the Bond Home can't send it.

Is this a "Smart by Bond" device?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:13 pm
Korey offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Korey wrote:

Yes.

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:32 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Korey wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
Korey wrote:

Yes.

Ok, the current plugin doesn't support those properly. Once I get that fixed, you'll be able to send any command the device reports. No need to use the remote at all.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:53 pm
Korey offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Ok, the current plugin doesn't support those properly. Once I get that fixed, you'll be able to send any command the device reports. No need to use the remote at all.

Fantastic! Thanks Joe! :D

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:45 pm

I apologize for having lost the thread of how to fix this, but my Bond is fine on the wifi network, but no associated Indigo device responds. I get this when i do basic troubleshooting:

Code: Select all
Reloading plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2"
   Stopping plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2" (pid 84851)
   Bond Home                       Bar Fan: Stopping bondRelay Device 145953541
   Bond Home Error                 Bar Fan: deviceStopComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Fan Control: Stopping bondBridge Device 1044397558
   Bond Home                       Front Fan: Stopping bondRelay Device 1868433153
   Bond Home Error                 Front Fan: deviceStopComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Front Fan Light: Stopping bondRelay Device 814799067
   Bond Home Error                 Front Fan Light: deviceStopComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Seating Fan: Stopping bondRelay Device 1541144259
   Bond Home Error                 Seating Fan: deviceStopComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Seating Fan Light: Stopping bondRelay Device 1811983180
   Bond Home Error                 Seating Fan Light: deviceStopComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Stopping BondHome
   Stopped plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2"
   Starting plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2" (pid 79184)
   Started plugin "Bond Home 0.1.2"
   Bond Home                       Starting BondHome
   Bond Home                       Bar Fan: Starting bondRelay Device 145953541
   Bond Home Error                 Bar Fan: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Fan Control: Starting bondBridge Device 1044397558
   Bond Home                       Front Fan: Starting bondRelay Device 1868433153
   Bond Home Error                 Front Fan: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Front Fan Light: Starting bondRelay Device 814799067
   Bond Home Error                 Front Fan Light: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Seating Fan: Starting bondRelay Device 1541144259
   Bond Home Error                 Seating Fan: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay
   Bond Home                       Seating Fan Light: Starting bondRelay Device 1811983180
   Bond Home Error                 Seating Fan Light: deviceStartComm: Unknown device type: bondRelay

I'm running the up to date version. The Bond app still controls the devices fine. Any option besides deleting and reading them in the app?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Edit each Indigo device and re-select the device type. 0.1.X changed them to "generic" devices that get attributes from the bridge.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:15 am

Thanks very much it's all working now! At least as much as some of these dumb fans can.

A shame "increase speed" doesn't increase from 0 to 1, but what can you do? Dumb fans.

Edit and update: I noticed the Bond app now has "devices" and on a lark, I tried to add some cheap dumb string lights that came with a RF remote--and they worked! If anyone is looking for this combo, they're Costco purchased solar LEDs that seem very nice after having them for a few weeks. Web site doesn't list them (though does have them as a preview image for outdoor lighting.)

Ha--Looks like I spoke too soon. The string lights device that is now in the Bond app did not populate to the Bond Bridge device in Indigo. Does this typically take a while, or does it need an update to do so?

Posted on
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:35 am

Not like I don't ask enough of you, but is there any chance we'll see "Devices" added to the plugin?

Posted on
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:44 am
FlyingDiver offline

Different Computers wrote:
Not like I don't ask enough of you, but is there any chance we'll see "Devices" added to the plugin?

Anything that the API reports to the plugin should be accessible. All of the "devices" I see in the Bond app are available. But there is some wonkiness with the "Smart by Bond" hardware.

Please create an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-BondHome/issues

Include the output of the "Write Device Information to Log" menu command. And, if possible, some screen shots of what you're seeing in the Bond app for devices that aren't showing as available in the plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Page 8 of 11 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11