New Plugin - Bond Home

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:12 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: New Plugin - Bond Home

I think any editing of that device would have done it, eventually. But glad it's working now.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed May 05, 2021 10:31 am
rhanson offline

Finally had a chance to upgrade to the latest plugin. As someone else noticed, there was a bizarre situation in which the the device type dropdown was greyed out and it wouldn't let me modify or even create any devices. But I restarted Indigo and then it behaved. I had to delete and re-create all devices, and it's now working just as the old one did.

Question: which devices get status updates from the hub? None of my devices seem to be reporting any status changes from outside Indigo. I have ceiling fans, fireplaces (which I haven't checked because it's been hot), shades, etc.

Is there something I need to do to enable the status updates? Or are only certain kinds of devices supported?

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed May 05, 2021 10:44 am
FlyingDiver offline

It should be anything that the hub knows about. That is, if you use the Bond mobile app to make the changes, it will definitely know. If you use the original remote, probably not.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu May 06, 2021 2:00 am
rhanson offline

Hmm. Maybe I need to redo the device setup on the Bond side.

Here's what one of the fan devices looks like in indigo. It doesn't seem like there's a state to indicate speed or anything other than on/off, info it probably gleans from the hub. I was thinking that fans with multiple speeds (which Bond knows because it has buttons for speeds) could show up as dimmers in Indigo, or at least a 'speed' state.

Code: Select all
>>> print a
address : 3cf43295
batteryLevel : None
buttonConfiguredCount : 0
buttonGroupCount : 0
configured : True
description : alias: dev_mbr_bed_ceiling_fan
deviceTypeId : bondDevice
displayStateId : onOffState
displayStateImageSel : PowerOff
displayStateValRaw : False
displayStateValUi : off
enabled : True
energyAccumBaseTime : None
energyAccumTimeDelta : None
energyAccumTotal : None
energyCurLevel : None
errorState :
folderId : 887774108
globalProps : MetaProps : (dict)
     com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.bondhome : (dict)
          SupportsStatusRequest : true (bool)
          address : 3cf43295 (string)
          bond_type : CF (string)
          bridge : ZZBL48314 (string)
          off_command : TurnOff (string)
          on_command : TurnOn (string)
id : 1314179687
lastChanged : 2000-01-01 00:00:00
lastSuccessfulComm : 2000-01-01 00:00:00
ledStates : []
model : Bond Device
name : MBR Bed Fan
onState : False
ownerProps : com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.bondhome : (dict)
     SupportsStatusRequest : true (bool)
     address : 3cf43295 (string)
     bond_type : CF (string)
     bridge : ZZBL48314 (string)
     off_command : TurnOff (string)
     on_command : TurnOn (string)
pluginId : com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.bondhome
pluginProps : emptyDict : (dict)
protocol : Plugin
remoteDisplay : True
sharedProps : com.indigodomo.indigoserver : (dict)
states : States : (dict)
     onOffState : off (on/off bool)
subModel : Ceiling Fan
supportsAllLightsOnOff : False
supportsAllOff : False
supportsStatusRequest : True
version : None

None of this really matters much because I rarely touch the devices by hand anyway, but still. :-)

Posted on
Thu May 06, 2021 6:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

Sorry, no, there's just not enough info reported from the Bridge to maintain the state of a device like that. It would probably work with the "Smart by Bond" devices, where the Bond bridge is built into the device, but not for the separate unit.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 1:28 pm
Jann offline

I've got one of those WONDERFUL ( :x NO! ) expensive ( :x YES! ) ceiling fans with ONLY a TOGGLE to set light on/off or fan on/off. It has a L, M, and H which I set to fan speed 1, 5, and 8 inside the bond itself...but I don't know how to access those "speed" buttons either!
For now, I've set one toggle of the button to ON and on to OFF and each the fan and the lights (which I did as two devices inside indigo - so I could have a KNOWN situation, then I make everyone control the unit through Indigo, and hid the cheap remote.)

Any idea how I can make this easier on myself? Any way to identify the discrete on or off codes for this fan?

This is the fan I bought...and I bought it for a low-ceiling'd Lanai here in Florida. So I can't really change it.

I know chances are EXTREMELY small, but I was just hoping...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0853F5K26

Thanks, all!

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 1:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I'm confused. What buttons are on the remote for the fan? Please list them exactly.

And if you start from fan off, what happens when you push each fan-related button?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 1:49 pm
Jann offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I'm confused. What buttons are on the remote for the fan? Please list them exactly.

And if you start from fan off, what happens when you push each fan-related button?

Sorry, Let me more fully explain: I've added images of the setup in Indigo and the remote to this post. When I set up the device in Bond app, I simply hit the "toggle light" button recording it as "Turn on light", the "toggle light" button recording it as "Turn off light", same for fan on a different device in the Bond app. Then I remove the remote from the room so no one can control the fan or light from ANYTHING but either the bond app or Indigo. (Prevents the toggle from being confused in Indigo - to a point).

Your "if you start from fan off, what happens", well, since I recorded a Toggle button press as both on and off, the plugin sends the turn on button, but bond still sends "toggle" to the fan - cos the Bond app was not programmed for Turn on or off, cos I don't have that button on my remote. My fault, I know.

Is there a way to find discrete on and discrete off for my fan's remote or am i hoping against hope? There is no fan on or fan off button - same for light - on the remote.

I was just hoping that someone out there would see something either on the remote or know this device...

ps: The entire center "click-wheel section is control for color of light and the spinner in center is lighter->darker->and back again.) The LMH is low, med high, which I mapped to speed 1,5,and8 in the bond app, the moon w/star is (believe it or not) breeze-mode, and the final one (pivoting) is nothing. it does nothing on this fan.

Thanks for any advice - and love your plugins!

Jann
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.40.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.40.14 PM.png (85.74 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.39.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.39.27 PM.png (85.99 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.39.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.39.08 PM.png (333.22 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
IMG_4292.jpg
This is the image of my remote.
IMG_4292.jpg (282.18 KiB) Viewed 4910 times

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 1:53 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I didn't ask what your Indigo devices do, I asked what the remote does.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 1:59 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Jann wrote:
Sorry, Let me more fully explain: I've added images of the setup in Indigo and the remote to this post. When I set up the device in Bond app, I simply hit the "toggle light" button recording it as "Turn on light", the "toggle light" button recording it as "Turn off light", same for fan on a different device in the Bond app. Then I remove the remote from the room so no one can control the fan or light from ANYTHING but either the bond app or Indigo. (Prevents the toggle from being confused in Indigo - to a point).

When you set it up in the Bond app, you should have selected device type Ceiling Fan, and then recorded both buttons as Toggle commands. Getting the Bond definition right is the first step.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Starting with fan off, using the remote, what happens when you press the L/M/H keys (one at a time). If hitting L turns the fan on low, does hitting the "toggle" button turn it off?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:09 pm
Jann offline

I had a full reply set to send and the board burped and I lost it- sorry. Never mind. I'll work on this for a while to see if I can get it working in any way that I can live with.

The reason I didn't set it up as toggle to begin with was I wanted an easy visual way in indigo to say "turn on" or "turn off". I thought if it was programmed as on/off even though it was a toggle, I could at least get an indicator of it's state. Looks like indigo can't work with a fan with only "toggle" buttons cos there's no way (with Bond) your plug-in can know what it toggled to - especially as IR is a one-way protocol with most devices. Not your fault or the plug-ins. It's this damned fan with a remote that doesn't have discrete on/off buttons for either fan or light.

Kinda like not knowing how far a shade has actually moved down the window, cos move-down doesn't send back "oh, I moved it down halfway".

Thanks anyway.
I'm gonna look for some generic IR fan controllers (with an on/off button) to see if I can get any working with this fan since many people have since told me that this is a generic ceiling fan that many companies sell and rebrand it to their own needs. Hopefully one will have a discrete on/off control.

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:13 pm
Jann offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Starting with fan off, using the remote, what happens when you press the L/M/H keys (one at a time). If hitting L turns the fan on low, does hitting the "toggle" button turn it off?

Gimme a sec. checking. Yes, it does.

L, M, or H turns it on and sets speed.. Toggle will turn it off

L on to speed 1,
M (immidately after) speed 2
H "" speed 3

Toggle turns off anywhere in the chain.

Oh, my did you just come up with a solution for me? If I somehow tell it to speed 1, 5, or 8 , that will definitely turn it on, followed by the toggle to turn it off!

I'd just have to figure out how to send speed 1, 5, or 8 to the bond. (those are the buttons I've programmed in the bond app for L, M, or H)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:20 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Do those speeds show up in the popup for the "On Command"? If so, Create a "Fan Low" device with the low speed as the on command and the toggle as the off command.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon May 31, 2021 2:24 pm
Jann offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Do those speeds show up in the popup for the "On Command"? If so, Create a "Fan Low" device with the low speed as the on command and the toggle as the off command.

SetSpeed shows up, but there are 1-8 Bond app speed settings that were possible. I set Speed 1 in the Bond app to L, 5 to M, and 8 to H.
I don't know how to tell Bond - via the plug in - to use the Bond button Speed 1, Speed 5, or Speed 8.
Do you?

Thanks so much. I know I've been a nuisance.
Believe it or not, I'm a programmer. I think I make a lousy end-user though cos I try to fit it all in and figure it out w/o giving you the info YOU need. :lol:

:oops: Sorry.

Jann

Page 7 of 11 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11